yepi'mon
Has liked: 36 times

Re: Protecting our GPS Marks and Fishing Spots from others

Post by yepi'mon » Mon May 06, 2019 2:16 pm

rb85 wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 1:30 pm
rb85 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 9:23 pm

Weekday or public holidays? I’m not going to go into details of locations but some spots on good days 10-20 boats working areas where previously there would be no one else occasionally 1-2 on weekends and it’s definitely not been a gradual increase strangely enough these areas have been published on a business page.
yepi'mon wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 9:37 am
What I don’t understand is how people can be fishing your spot if like you said, you worked for all your own spots and have never told anyone else?
Unless of course they are just areas that inner circles knew about..... and now others know about.
First of all Yepi I never claimed them to be my spots or claim ownership of any spots theres areas I fish and marks I use claim no ownership seems to be a slight misconception being created, i'm in no inner circle it's just locations that are lesser known yes others have fished them but not as heavily as recently and strangely enough the areas have been published by salt guide and increased boat traffic can put fish off. When you have put in the time and effort and expense to learn an area figure things out and have it publicised for profit and then get sheep driving around all over the shop it gets disheartening.
yepi'mon wrote:
I don’t have a huge issue with salt guide, they are just offering a service. Like anything in life, people pay you for what you know or what you can do better than them.
If you want to be a self made fisherman who did it all themselves.... that’s great.... but truth is not all of us have the time to be able to do it. Salt Guide or any service like it is thriving because people don’t have the time or knowledge to do it themselves. They have worked hard for their knowledge and they have every right to ask for a return on it. Unless of course they stole your GPS?
Have no problem with Salt Guide providing know how and general areas but pinpointing locations for people is disrespectful to everyone else who fishes and unethical. People learn from all sorts of publications so do I thats not the issue it's using your brain to catch fish not having it handed too on a platter some of these salt guiders are nothing more than human winches. It's not an issue of them working hard to find those areas it's that others have as well and have enjoyed it quietly for some time. It's not GPS theft rather exposure for profit that increases numbers on locations for people who have fished them for years.
yepi'mon wrote:
So...... So what? There are only so many fisherman on the water... if everyone is fishing spot x then there will be less pressure on spot xx.

You can always go and fish one of your own personal super dooper no one else has ever driven a boat over it spots if you are that concerned.

As we all know, there’s more to it than just a gps co-ordinate so trust in your skills and you should always come out on top either way.
You obviously spend hardly anytime on the water any good day the bay and offshore has a good spread of boats even more on weekends and public holidays. Not a problem it's when productive areas are bombarded.

Again with the misconceptions about ownership of super dooper spots as I have never suggested I own the water, it's hard work and putting in time and learning that gets rewards for passionate anglers. So when you have enjoyed quiet areas that are now getting bombarded with sheep guide subscribers you can't help but feel frustrated.
I understand the frustration but sharing the water is part and parcel with fishing. No one has ownership over any of the water... even if you have fished it for years. Everyone deserves a go on the play equipment, irrespective of their skill level or how they came to be there.

Etiquette is a different story though.... and every fisho should take it seriously as bad etiquette ruins other peoples day.

Return to “GPS Marks”