Illegal snapper haul uncovered at Black Rock

News and media releases from the Department of Primary Industries (DPI)
durasovic

Re: Illegal snapper haul uncovered at Black Rock

Post by durasovic » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:32 pm

What a cokc heda, he should no better. Ignorance isn't good enough, down Marby river I've seen a Vietnamese bloke catching 5 to 10cm bream I told him off and said that it wasn't right and he would get a large fine. His rebutle "but it good fo soup". These Blokes need to be bashed.

blacklab99
Has liked: 14 times

Post by blacklab99 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:19 pm

yeah I see your point tonyzee, but don't be fooled if you think its just those with boats doing it !! id recon theres just as many landbased as there is boaties taking undersized or over the limit. generally one that went to the expence of purchasing a boat realise that getting it impounded is a big deterent, not all obviously, but generally a big percentage. a land baser looses his rod and reel, a boaty looses the boat the car and all the equipment to boot.
its EVERYONES responsibility that fishes to obey the fishery rules and neither the landbase nor boaties, of which I do both are more to blame. a couple could take there 2 kids down the peer and use them as bag limit options as well, so that comment doesn't wash one little bit with me.
just sounded a tad like the person that blames old people for all the accidents on the road, but statistics say the complete opposite !
lets condem the people that get caught red handed, whether they be in a boat or landbased and not label "the others", opposite to what ever type of fishing you do as the big problem........... ITS EVERY PERSON WITH A FISHING LISCENCE'S PROBLEM landbased or in a boat.

kindest regards
colin

poodoo
Has liked: 2 times

Post by poodoo » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:25 pm

:wall: just bad form! imagine what the fishing would be like if people just followed the rules!

benjic1000

Post by benjic1000 » Thu May 02, 2013 7:49 pm

From Brunswick maybe he doesn't get to go fishing too often so thinks he can make up for it by keeping a few days worth of fish...

What does snapper sell for a kilo?

Return to “Department of Primary Industries / Fisheries”