Fishing healesville area

aussie_fisho

Fishing healesville area

Post by aussie_fisho » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:44 pm

Heading up around healesville area on Saturday, and having never fished around there before I'm not sure on where to fish first of all and secondly what I can catch (seeing as its closed season for trout). Any advice greatly appreciated, cheers aussie
Here fishy fishy.......

rick_mac

Re: Fishing healesville area

Post by rick_mac » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:31 pm

Hi Aussie fisho don lake healesville is a good place to start there a few different species in there and the
Lake has good access otherwise you could try the yarra there's a bridge you cross driving along maroondah
Highway just before you drive in too healesville there a open in on the right where you can park and there is good access too the river i have had preety good luck there but as fishing is its always hit and miss anywhere you go there's also
A lot of small creeks around healesville and badger creek that are worth a try I find the best way is to look on Google maps/earth and use streeview to find good spots along the river and creeks also I he had luck there where two creeks meet in the slow water fishing under a float but it is always hit and miss the more water covered the more chance you have hope this helps in anyway good luck look forward to your report

rick_mac

Post by rick_mac » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:07 pm

http://www.troutfishing.net.au/healesvi ... ishing.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; there's is also a few spots marked on this map that can be really productive especially were the grace burn creek meets the watts rivers and it could b worth exploring up the watts river or the grace burn :r

aussie_fisho

Post by aussie_fisho » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:46 pm

Thanks for the advice rick, will definitely give them a go.
Here fishy fishy.......

aussie_fisho

Post by aussie_fisho » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:11 pm

Anyone know the best area to access the watts river or surrounding creeks in healesville.
Here fishy fishy.......

rick_mac

Post by rick_mac » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:00 am

The best across to the watts river is of myers creek road and river st healesville gives best access to good fishing on the watts river

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:48 am

Is some part of the Watts River closed to fishing....Melbourne water catchment or something? If someone knows without having to look it up I would appreciate it if you could post the details here.
cheers
Jim
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

muzza43
Has liked: 104 times

Post by muzza43 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:33 am

As far as I know, the watts river is closed to all fishing above the Maroondah reservoir. Cheers, muzza43.

spudtrans
Has liked: 31 times

Post by spudtrans » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:06 am

great site rick_mack
thanks for putting that link up, lots of info for many areas
cheers :a_goodjob:

rick_mac

Post by rick_mac » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:44 pm

No worries spudtrans it has heaps of info about lot ofs Melbourne's rivers and surrounding tributaries hopefully it helps
Some members find new fishing holes and hopefully a few good reports come of the maps
Im still a new member to this site and in the short time ive picked up some good info so I thought I'd try and put some back in

Return to “Yarra Valley and surrounds”