plenty river report 14/9

fishmagnet

plenty river report 14/9

Post by fishmagnet » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:24 pm

due to it being such a nice day today and the weather warming up i thought the carp might be on the bite. after some bush bashing i eventually found a nice pool with a tiny waterfall at the top of it. i thought this would be a good spot to pick up some reddies and some carp. put out 2 rods, 1 with corn and one with worms. roughly 10 mins later BANG! the rod with the worms got hammered! it made an effort to run to a submerged tree but i managed to turn its head. after a few more minutes of big runs and efforts to free itself in snags i finally brought a nice carp of of roughly 55-60cm to the bank.

but...

as i pull out my mat to measure it for the fish vic species comp, it decides to flip itself back into the water :doh1:
gave it another hour after that but no more bites... at least it was a nice day!
cheers sam

muzza43
Has liked: 104 times

Re: plenty river report 14/9

Post by muzza43 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:05 pm

Next time maybe despatch then measure? Cheers muzza43.

meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Post by meppstas » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:17 pm

You were a bit unlucky there fishm, should have done what muzza suggested mate.. Oh well, there's always another day isn't there.
Hopefully you'll have better luck then.
cheers
Adrian
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

fishmagnet

Post by fishmagnet » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:23 pm

yeah i should of. your right muzza. also should of brought it further up the bank so it can't flip back into the water. always a next time though.

Return to “Yarra Valley and surrounds”