Failure leads to success

The Fishing Victoria Forum is Australia's leading online fishing forum with comprehensive resources for Victorian fishermen, anglers and fishos. Check out the latest fishing & tackle news, tips, fishing reports and detailed fish information.
beefy

Re: Failure leads to success

Post by beefy » Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:05 pm

Yepi'mon,

could you elaborate a bit on "BM hooks are crap". What is it that makes them crap, and what hooks have you found to work better.

I get what you are saying about the line weight, because I've heard whiting can be easily spooked.

yepi'mon
Has liked: 36 times

Post by yepi'mon » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:56 pm

beefy wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:05 pm
Yepi'mon,

could you elaborate a bit on "BM hooks are crap". What is it that makes them crap, and what hooks have you found to work better.

I get what you are saying about the line weight, because I've heard whiting can be easily spooked.

I find them of average sharpness, thicker than they need to be and most of all they rust very quickly.

I use gama hooks.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:35 pm

yepi'mon wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:56 pm
beefy wrote:
Yepi'mon,

I find them of average sharpness, thicker than they need to be and most of all they rust very quickly.

I use gama hooks.
They do rust quickly I tend to change hooks every trip though.
Gamas are good same as owners
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

Kenle
Has liked: 214 times

Post by Kenle » Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:21 pm

yepi'mon wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:56 pm
beefy wrote:
Yepi'mon,

I use gama hooks.

I agree, I only use BM hooks after I ran out of my go to trust worthy gamas. BM hooks are great for the price, I think they beat Mustad anyday, they rust very quick making them one time use only while with the gamas I've been out 3 to 4 trips with same hook on my rig.

beefy

Post by beefy » Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:26 pm

Thanks for that valuable info everyone, I never knew that.

Return to “Welcome to Fishing Victoria”