Failure leads to success

The Fishing Victoria Forum is Australia's leading online fishing forum with comprehensive resources for Victorian fishermen, anglers and fishos. Check out the latest fishing & tackle news, tips, fishing reports and detailed fish information.
rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Failure leads to success

Post by rb85 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:00 pm

This is no report, this isn’t a self appreciation post just my thoughts and reflection on life on the water and off.

If it wasn’t for donut sessions where others bagged or losing the prized catch due to dodgy knots, lack of experience run of bad luck we wouldn’t get satisfaction from our fishing success without hours upon hours of frustration and disappointment.

Fresh and inshore I have found success but with Bluewater I have struggled but it hasn’t beaten me it’s cost me thousands in fuel and hours of time but I refuse to let it beat me.

I’ve had glimpses of success but nothing that I would consider successful but I’m getting there stubborn in my approach I won’t go to Portland to catch tuna yet, I refuse to cheat with salt guide as an angler I’m honing my skills refining my technique trip after trip solo offshore trips are tough but I’m on my own journey.

WTF Is team CBFT waffling on about? It’s the fact that good fisherman are developed by time on the water and their failures help them improve guys like Denis Bardon don’t have the whiting dialed by sitting on the couch. Don’t sulk about your failures just means your closer to success
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

Pdiddy24
Has liked: 49 times

Re: Failure leads to success

Post by Pdiddy24 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:15 pm

Exactly this! Well said

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:28 pm

Stubbornness was biggest failure when I first starting fishing ppb weribee area.
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

rb85

Post by rb85 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:31 pm

bowl wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:28 pm
Stubbornness was biggest failure when I first starting fishing ppb weribee area.
How were you stubborn bowl
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:30 pm

rb85 wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:31 pm
bowl wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:28 pm
How were you stubborn bowl
Not moving enough to find fish .
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

Robbie1950
Has liked: 213 times

Post by Robbie1950 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:07 pm

rb85 wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:00 pm
This is no report, this isn’t a self appreciation post just my thoughts and reflection on life on the water and off.

If it wasn’t for donut sessions where others bagged or losing the prized catch due to dodgy knots, lack of experience run of bad luck we wouldn’t get satisfaction from our fishing success without hours upon hours of frustration and disappointment.

Fresh and inshore I have found success but with Bluewater I have struggled but it hasn’t beaten me it’s cost me thousands in fuel and hours of time but I refuse to let it beat me.

I’ve had glimpses of success but nothing that I would consider successful but I’m getting there stubborn in my approach I won’t go to Portland to catch tuna yet, I refuse to cheat with salt guide as an angler I’m honing my skills refining my technique trip after trip solo offshore trips are tough but I’m on my own journey.

WTF Is team CBFT waffling on about? It’s the fact that good fisherman are developed by time on the water and their failures help them improve guys like Denis Bardon don’t have the whiting dialed by sitting on the couch. Don’t sulk about your failures just means your closer to success
Couple beers tonight? :ch: I feel ya mate. Salt guide, Matt Cini, even your mate TB2F is starting a members section on his website :rf: . Nothing beats time and experience on the water, no passed on GPS marks can come even close.

rb85

Post by rb85 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:22 pm

Robbie1950 wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:07 pm
rb85 wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:00 pm

Couple beers tonight? :ch: I feel ya mate. Salt guide, Matt Cini, even your mate TB2F is starting a members section on his website :rf: . Nothing beats time and experience on the water, no passed on GPS marks can come even close.
No hardly a drop if you subscribe tou are less of a fisherman.

denis barden

Post by denis barden » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:20 am

RB too true.
As USA Admiral Mc Raven sais-If you carnt do the small things how can you catch heaps of Fish
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sK3wJAxGfs
My thought is you can have your flash truck.wopping big boat,coloured shirts stella reels but the outcome will always be the same
Whats in the bucket at the end of the day'
And dont forget to make your bed in the mornin

IFISHALOT
Has liked: 38 times

Post by IFISHALOT » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:37 am

The old adage 10% off the fisherman catch 90% of the fish is so true and to become one of those 10% nothing beats time on the water and thinking and remembering about what you do when you are successful.
Associated with Strike Pro, Jigstar, Daiichi, Lumica, Mapso, Bushranger Lures, Eureka Lures, Senshi, Sax Scent, TiCA, Victory Knives, Tonic Sunglasses & McLaughlin's Bait[url]http://www.jurofishing.com

Troy McLure
Has liked: 140 times

Post by Troy McLure » Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:38 am

Time on the water is everything. That’s what I keep telling myself anyway.

Return to “Welcome to Fishing Victoria”