Frankston session

The Fishing Victoria Forum is Australia's leading online fishing forum with comprehensive resources for Victorian fishermen, anglers and fishos. Check out the latest fishing & tackle news, tips, fishing reports and detailed fish information.
Irishfisherman
Has liked: 237 times

Frankston session

Post by Irishfisherman » Mon May 18, 2020 12:50 pm

Had a pretty good session out from Frankston yesterday on the kayak, I got a total of 6 species over the day using a variety of methods. I headed out at 7am and could see birds and dolphins 6km away in Frankston, which is a long way to paddle. Took under an hour to get there, but it turned out that there wasn’t any salmon around. I did manage a few small ones trolling on the way up, the biggest being only 23cm. Once I got to Frankston I dropped down a bait rig and managed to get two yakka’s, which I was really pleased with, before catching lots of small pinkies, then got a garfish followed by lots of flathead, the biggest being a blue spot at 42cm which was also caught on the bait rig. Caught more salmon on the way back all being released except for one that I kept for bait. Tried to catch some squid but with a combination of poor water clarity and boat traffic I gave up pretty quickly. Glad to get some fish back in the freezer and hopefully I can get out again soon.
Attachments
364AABA1-370C-4211-82EA-FF35C099B1A1.jpeg

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: Frankston session

Post by Lightningx » Mon May 18, 2020 2:51 pm

Got a nice feed there mate.
Well done.
Cheers 👍🏻

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Mon May 18, 2020 7:00 pm

Yaks from the Yak :rf:

Great trip there Mr Leprechaunman :gj: And a mixed bag always increases the fun :tu:

I have to say, an hour paddling just to get there is 59 minutes better than what I would or could have done, I tip my hat to you.

Lov ya work

Cheers Bugs

Sebb
Has liked: 3001 times

Post by Sebb » Tue May 19, 2020 8:56 am

One hour of paddling, that's a dedication of a true fisherman.
Nice flatties there.

There seems to be small salmon sporadically in the bay at the moment. Hopefully the bigger ones are coming in soon.
Those people at port melb was catching small salmon too, but inconsistent. Usually they're in school and catch after catch.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Return to “Welcome to Fishing Victoria”