fishing for squid ate Aireys Inlet

The Fishing Victoria Forum is Australia's leading online fishing forum with comprehensive resources for Victorian fishermen, anglers and fishos. Check out the latest fishing & tackle news, tips, fishing reports and detailed fish information.
fishingaireys
Has liked: 3 times

fishing for squid ate Aireys Inlet

Post by fishingaireys » Fri May 15, 2020 1:23 pm

hey ive recently bought a holiday house at Aireys inlet along the great ocean road and i was going up there this weekend. Does anyone know of any good spots for squid or for salmon cause i was really wanting to go for those type of fish. thanks

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Re: fishing for squid ate Aireys Inlet

Post by 4liters » Fri May 15, 2020 3:36 pm

Lorne pier for squid, maybe the rocks at Point Roadknight as there's a bit off reef there but you'd be mad to fish it in anything other than low tide and low swell.

Salmon would be anywhere along the beaches around there.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

fishingaireys

Post by fishingaireys » Fri May 15, 2020 4:12 pm

thanks ill go check out those areas what time do you recommend going for salmon or squid?

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Fri May 15, 2020 7:59 pm

Only on days ending in Y in my experience
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

fishingaireys

Post by fishingaireys » Fri May 15, 2020 9:48 pm

Hahaha alright thanks man

Sebb
Has liked: 3010 times

Post by Sebb » Sat May 16, 2020 5:21 pm

I caught aussie salmon pretty much through the day. Morning, noon, afternoon, evening. Not at night though.
Squid is good at night. Lorne pier is good, caught few variety of species there.
On the surf, I think dusk dawn is best for aussie salmon either side of high tide.
Good luck.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

The Arab fisher
Has liked: 2 times

Post by The Arab fisher » Tue May 26, 2020 9:50 am

I go to Lorne very often and i would say the Lorne pier at night time is the best place if you want a chance to catch a squid. If you want to get salmon, maybe try taking a boat out a bit, I've seen people go on a boat and come back with a some massive fish. You can also get some gummy sharks rarely when you fish on some far rocks.

fisho999
Has liked: 531 times

Post by fisho999 » Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:01 am

zimukebn wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 5:30 pm
Fishing for squid at Aireys Inlet, Victoria, Australia, can be an enjoyable and rewarding experience. Aireys Inlet is a coastal town located along the iconic Great Ocean Road and offers fantastic opportunities for squid fishing due to its proximity to the ocean. Remember to respect the environment and practice responsible fishing. If you are new to squid fishing rods, consider joining local fishing groups or forums to learn from experienced anglers and get more specific tips for Aireys Inlet and the surrounding areas.
bot?

Hatetangles
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Hatetangles » Fri Jul 21, 2023 5:54 pm

zimukebn wrote:
Fishing for squid at Aireys Inlet, Victoria, Australia, can be an enjoyable and rewarding experience. Aireys Inlet is a coastal town located along the iconic Great Ocean Road and offers fantastic opportunities for squid fishing due to its proximity to the ocean. Remember to respect the environment and practice responsible fishing. If you are new to squid fishing rods, consider joining local fishing groups or forums to learn from experienced anglers and get more specific tips for Aireys Inlet and the surrounding areas.
Alan ! from fishing mad what are you doing here LOL hahah

Sebb
Has liked: 3010 times

Post by Sebb » Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:14 am

fisho999 wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:01 am
zimukebn wrote:
bot?
IMG_20230722_071434.jpg
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Return to “Welcome to Fishing Victoria”