Might Clarify a few things.

The Fishing Victoria Forum is Australia's leading online fishing forum with comprehensive resources for Victorian fishermen, anglers and fishos. Check out the latest fishing & tackle news, tips, fishing reports and detailed fish information.
Sinsemilla

Re: Might Clarify a few things.

Post by Sinsemilla » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:19 pm

and also to make myself even clearer so you don't think i'm just freaking it thinking everyone should be allowed to fish how they like, I'm actually all for shutting down boating a fishing out of boats because they go against the advice of not congregating in large groups because inevitably ramps will get packed and these rules will be broken. Also if people get stranded out there, the people helping them can be doing more important things during this time rather than helping someone with a flat battery

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:22 pm

Sinsemilla wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:15 pm
purple5ive wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:09 pm
Sinsemilla wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:36 pm
https://twitter.com/JaalaPulford/status ... gr%5Etweet

Here in Jaala Pulford's tweet an hour ago she states;

"On fishing 🎣 -

The advice is clear, you need to stay home.

There are a lot of sacrifices we need to make – and going out to fish is one of them.

For some people, fishing is their job – and at this stage that’s ok – however, if you don’t need to go fishing, you shouldn’t be."

What I'm not understanding is this "Advice", either stop it or not. Is it legal or illegal? How can one go and play golf or ride around on a bike or go get a hair cut but can't go for a fish down a quiet river? All these gov bodies need to communicate more between themselves before releasing statements.

I know a lot of people where all they have is fishing outside of their work life.. and now don't have jobs.. Do they take up cycling? Is shopping for spandex considered an essential?

Cheers, Anth
i dunno why its such a hard thing to comprehend mate!!
i can understand the statement still says Advice, but sometimes just a bit of common sense goes a long way!
Anyway.
the way i see it now as it stands!
Boating is non essential and is now a finable offence, so if your out fishing IN A BOAT your a$$ going to get reamed (if your caught ofcourse)...

Landbased fishing on the guise of food gathering or excercise, well that depends on wether you can convince the popo you were indeed gathering food or was doing some excercise ( guidelines are close to home and a quick walk or jog etc) , otherwise A$$ going to get reamed again.

i think nobody with half a brain is going to be fishing landbased when theres a potential 1.6K fine at hand, no fish caught landbased is worth that much, plus the added headaches of fighting a fine in court .

as for your mates that are now without a job that only like to fish, well lycra and a bike from vinnies are a lot cheaper than 1.6k

kayakers are another loophole again

Being a stubborn k@rnt is only going to hurt your own wallet and pride.

This now also makes the document from the vicpol i posted even more ledgible.

Food for thought!
You need to calm down. Are you drunk replying again? Whats hard to comprehend is cycling with a mate around in public is okay but not a quiet walk down the river having flick.. If you can't understand the confusion in that there is something wrong with you.
i dont think i could have posted a nicer reply to you mate, if you cannot see past that, then i rest my case!
Dont argue with me, i didn't make the rules. you are free to do whatever you want!

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:29 pm

I'm not arguing.. I'm discussing the "advice" they are giving. You're the one name calling and saying "whats so hard to comprehend mate"

I've stated in my previous reply's whats hard to comprehend.

SnapperHead
Has liked: 20 times

Post by SnapperHead » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:31 pm

and you wonder why threads get locked..... give the bickering a rest fellas...

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:47 pm

rb85 wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:49 pm
it’s better to be part of the solution than problem
Very wise words Reverend rb :tu:

Cheers, Bug , , , , a mere disciple

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:49 pm

From the horses mouth
Screenshot_20200401-224527_Facebook.jpg
Take from this what you will.
If it's still not clear enough, then I rest my case!!

Sebb
Has liked: 3001 times

Post by Sebb » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:05 pm

Soooo some retail shops like tackle shops and bunnings are still open right. They're not told to close (providing people maintaining distance).
But based on the four reasons rule, I'm not allowed to go to Bunnings, to get some stuff for my DIY work for the backyard.
Eventually (likely for some) they'll shut anyway, coz no customers (except delivery of course).
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:19 pm

Yeah it's all up in the air Seb. I was at bunnings earlier today. People everywhere.. a police car was actually in the area as well.

Not allowed to leave your house, only for essentials but hairdressers are open.. and cafes for take away coffee.

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:20 pm

I'm going to put my feet up and watch the jobs pile up :-D

I think by about July I might get motivated enough to procrastinate even more :-D

My new occupation is going to be "lazy" , , , , and I am going to try really hard at being as lazy as I can get :te:

SnapperHead wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:31 pm
and you wonder why threads get locked

Is this like "eye spy" , , , , I think I can come up with a few reasons why they get locked , , , ,

unless , , , ,

it was a rhetorical statement , , , , and if it was only rhetorical, I better distract you so as you don't , , , , oooooh, look at that , , , , a shiny thing

Shiny thing.JPG

Cheers, LazyBug

Sebb
Has liked: 3001 times

Post by Sebb » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:27 pm

Sinsemilla wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:19 pm
Yeah it's all up in the air Seb. I was at bunnings earlier today. People everywhere.. a police car was actually in the area as well.

Not allowed to leave your house, only for essentials but hairdressers are open.. and cafes for take away coffee.
Doesn't make sense does it.
I mean, those four reasons pretty much indirectly telling shops to close except grocery shops and pharmacies.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Return to “Welcome to Fishing Victoria”