Squid Lakes Entrance

The Fishing Victoria Forum is Australia's leading online fishing forum with comprehensive resources for Victorian fishermen, anglers and fishos. Check out the latest fishing & tackle news, tips, fishing reports and detailed fish information.
WBW1434

Squid Lakes Entrance

Post by WBW1434 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:46 am

Morning All, just doing the normal Friday morning rounds and reading reports and Lakes Entrance reports SQUID !!!!!! under the highway bridge. Can anybody verify this. Love it to be the case and adding another bow to the East Gipps bow

Sebb
Has liked: 2999 times

Re: Squid Lakes Entrance

Post by Sebb » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:21 am

Never heard of lakes entrance squid before. Doesn't hurt to try I guess and be one of the first to get them!
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

re-tyred
Has liked: 372 times

Re: Squid Lakes Entrance

Post by re-tyred » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:25 pm

Yes you can catch squid in lakes. Known haunts are off the foot bridge, weed beds at the barrier. Never caught one myself, but never tried in the lake. Have caught them offshore. Also you can get kingfish in the lake when the water warms up. Highway bridge is a known spot along with the jetties in Cunningham arm and a rock ledge up past the barrier. Just next to one of the red channel markets. Use your sounder you will find it. I have been smoked a few times , never seem to get one when I put heavy gear out and target them.
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

Return to “Welcome to Fishing Victoria”