Another day another fishing session.

Queensland Fishing Reports
saph
Has liked: 4 times

Another day another fishing session.

Post by saph » Fri May 08, 2020 3:44 pm

Fishing report from 5.5.2020, will be copying and pasting alot of the info from another forum that has it for ease of putting this up

Went for a short fish today to calm down after dealing with my training place for me cert 3 and it was blowing a gale out, went down near the coast guard in that aerea, went through most of my lures and didnt get a bite even throwing around the bridge supports where i though a small flathead or something would be hiding but nothing, ah well the way of fishing for now i guess. Also the water was cold as **** so maybe that had a effect?.

Watched someone in a ute launch their tinny, if you did today near the outrigger club around lunch or so and read this, hats off to you for launching in the wind that was about. < sunshine coast specific for those wondering it was blowing a gale at about 30km/h winds

Found what i think are yabbie holes tho someone can be free to correct me (found out they are yabbie or crab holes

One of the spots i was fishing. (time for some proper boots or something when walking there nearly lost my thongs to the mud that was about).

This is a dead low tide spot as you can see but it should be a nice flathead haunt.

Bugatti

Re: Another day another fishing session.

Post by Bugatti » Fri May 08, 2020 4:24 pm

Thanks saph :tu:
it's a nice break from , , , , well, it's a nice break.

Some nice looking areas there. Can possibly good Bream spots about there. Do you know if they are caught there?

Those holes are perplexing. Clicker holes normally look like miniature volcanoes , , , , but what ever they are , , , , dig'em up and put em on a hook. Locally found bait always works well :gj:

Cheers, Bugs

saph

Post by saph » Fri May 08, 2020 6:05 pm

Bugatti wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 4:24 pm

Some nice looking areas there. Can possibly good Bream spots about there. Do you know if they are caught there?

Cheers, Bugs

Bream, flathead, whiting, mangrove jack. alot of fish call pumistone passage home not to mention not far off shore you can get big stuff like tuna come through.

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Fri May 08, 2020 9:21 pm

Great spot saph.

A slow rolled live yabby on a little running sinker is sure to clean up there as the tide comes in.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Sat May 09, 2020 1:28 am

saph wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 6:05 pm
Bugatti wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 4:24 pm

Cheers, Bugs

Bream, flathead, whiting, mangrove jack. alot of fish call pumistone passage home not to mention not far off shore you can get big stuff like tuna come through.

Mangrove Jack are one specie that have always fascinated me. The stories I have heard and seen of them, the rascals of the sea. I have never caught one but they are the only fish on my Bucket List , , , , AND the only fish I would actually throw lures at :sr:

Cheers, Mangrove Bug

saph

Post by saph » Sat May 09, 2020 6:02 am

DougieK wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 9:21 pm
Great spot saph.

A slow rolled live yabby on a little running sinker is sure to clean up there as the tide comes in.
i use a trd crawz basicly a yabbie but plastic with some pro cure scent and have had fish hit at them hard.

Return to “Queensland”