Slow fishing day

Queensland Fishing Reports
saph
Has liked: 4 times

Slow fishing day

Post by saph » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:21 am

So went fishing yesterday and while it really wasnt much it was something and that is better then the amount of time i havent been out but anyways, so after dealing with some in town stuff i decided to start walking down golden beach just to see what the water was like and how it was sitting over a streatch of the passage and it looked like it may have been a good day but the further i went the dirtyer the water got so that started to bum me out, but while looking for somewhere to rest for a few minutes from walking i found somewhere i had never seen on maps before T.S onslow australian navy cadets aka australian defence force land and while looking about the front i found the sign saying its free to go into and so i went in and of all things i expected to find i found a 40mm bofer gun, so of course after a photo or 2 i continued onto the power boat club and for the first time tied a lure onto my new rod and reel just a small soft plastic in midnight oil and threw a few casts before 2 dudes that didnt look like they knew how to launch their boat showed up so i moved on to military jetty and again threw a few casts about but some guys where there getting bait and the tide and wind where in the wrong directions so i packed up about 1:30 and got the bus home. Also question, when i was bringing the lure in it kept half comming off the jig head, does anyone know the cause for this?

Some boring stats:
Number of fish caught:0
Number of casts: a few
Number of people attempting to launch a bigger boat then their dinghy:2
Number of cool things found:1

And now pics

New fishing rod?

And the mentioned soft plastic issue

Seniorfisho
Has liked: 797 times

Re: Slow fishing day

Post by Seniorfisho » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:14 am

It might be the jighead your using, not sure, a dab of superglue will fix that problem

Kenle
Has liked: 214 times

Post by Kenle » Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:22 am

Cool gun mate, unlucky with the fish but atleaste you gave it a crack, maybe next time. :tu:

saph

Post by saph » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:42 am

Seniorfisho wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:14 am
It might be the jighead your using, not sure, a dab of superglue will fix that problem
Yea thats what im being told elsewhere aswell, heres the thing the person that showed me how to rig it selected the jig head and the friend i got the lure recomendation off aggreed with the choices so idk right now.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:33 am

saph wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:42 am
Seniorfisho wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:14 am
Yea thats what im being told elsewhere aswell, heres the thing the person that showed me how to rig it selected the jig head and the friend i got the lure recomendation off aggreed with the choices so idk right now.
whoever showed you how to rig that needs to learn a few one on ones with zmans :-D

those jigheads will not hold the zmans well, use a dab of superglue as suggested, or use the TT Headlockz jigheads that are made especially for zman type plastics.
those jigheads you have will hold a normal plastic quite well though, so its still usable.

saph

Post by saph » Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:16 pm

Yea, also thought about it and the headlockz are just missing some lead basicly so

I present: broke fisherman headlocks

Now i havent been able to swim it with a lure in salt but prelim testing with a small bucket and some fishing line showed it worked well.

Seniorfisho
Has liked: 797 times

Post by Seniorfisho » Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:24 pm

I buy the ones below from Ebay, really good jigheads, never had a problem with them except getiing snagged of course

20 Size 2#, 1/16 OZ Jig Heads High Chemically Sharpened Hooks Fishing Tackle
( 122582713878 )
tackledirect16871015
Feedback percentage of
99.8%
Delete item
Add note
05-Mar,19:01 AEDST
AU $7.90
Buy It Now
Free postage
item 20 Size 2#, 1/16 OZ Jig Heads High Chemically Sharpened Hooks Fishing Tackle
Buy It Now

Return to “Queensland”