Woooooo!!!!

Queensland Fishing Reports
BIG GAV
Has liked: 2 times

Woooooo!!!!

Post by BIG GAV » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:38 am

So turns out I won a holiday for me n the mrs from the boat show! 5star resort n spa for 4 nights at the Marriott!! Super stoked never win even a raffle prize and well overdue for a holiday so super stoked!!

So since we only have to pay flights I’ve told the misso we r doin a charter! Keen to get into some cracker estuary fishing. Btw we r staying in Southport so it’s not like we are up in cairns tho that’d be sweet so I wanna go on a charter to chase the jacks been n whiting on poppers even a Jew gahhh I cannot wait.. goin mid feb as apparently that’s the best time for big jacks!

Does anyone know how far I’d have to go to get a Saratoga? That fish is so high on my bucket list n if it’s a not too out the way I’d get a hire car n try my luck but even if I can’t im happy as to be goin on a holiday n from a bit of research I’m pretty sure the charter/guide I booked as got me in good hands! Full report late feb 2019!!

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Re: Woooooo!!!!

Post by Kimtown » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:49 pm

I might be way wrong here but aren't Saratoga available in a lot of estuary systems in NSW? I recall PW catching them somewhere in NSW, if so then I'm sure they are available in South QLD?

Regardless, #winning

BIG GAV

Post by BIG GAV » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:02 pm

Kimtown wrote:I might be way wrong here but aren't Saratoga available in a lot of estuary systems in NSW? I recall PW catching them somewhere in NSW, if so then I'm sure they are available in South QLD?

Regardless, #winning
First I’ve heard of toga in an estuary.. there a freshwater fish prehistoric looking n best of all are surface feeders

BIG GAV

Post by BIG GAV » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:07 pm

Hinze dam apparently stocks them probably my best bet to try there n ask the locals for tips

smokin_reels
Has liked: 308 times

Post by smokin_reels » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:25 pm

BIG GAV wrote:
Kimtown wrote:I might be way wrong here but aren't Saratoga available in a lot of estuary systems in NSW? I recall PW catching them somewhere in NSW, if so then I'm sure they are available in South QLD?

Regardless, #winning
First I’ve heard of toga in an estuary.. there a freshwater fish prehistoric looking n best of all are surface feeders

from the two days i spent fishing for them, i found they liked 2.5 inch White Slimswimz a lot, especially when the topwater bite was slow.
best of luck! they are a blast :super:

Carry some 80mm top water stick baits too, like sammys or realis pencils or zerek ze dog.
There is always more to learn , fish to catch , places to see and friends to make.

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:28 pm

BIG GAV wrote:

Regardless, #winning
May well have been a lake, my memory is quite hazy but I do seem to recall them being caught in NSW waters

BIG GAV

Post by BIG GAV » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:35 pm

smokin_reels wrote:
BIG GAV wrote:

Regardless, #winning

from the two days i spent fishing for them, i found they liked 2.5 inch White Slimswimz a lot, especially when the topwater bite was slow.
best of luck! they are a blast :super:

Carry some 80mm top water stick baits too, like sammys or realis pencils or zerek ze dog.
Yeah well I plan on taking one rod which will probably be a 2-5 stock n 10lb as the resort backs onto a canal n I have a private access jetty to fish from. I may be underfunded with this outfit for a decent toga so I’m on the hunt for another guide haha. And perhaps another nights accomodation to fit it in

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:05 pm

Dam that’s nice mate!!!
Congrats :thumbsup:

smokin_reels
Has liked: 308 times

Post by smokin_reels » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:12 pm

plenty! just carry different leader material to mix and match
There is always more to learn , fish to catch , places to see and friends to make.

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:12 pm

Suss out giant herring while you’re up there. A mate targets them in the canals landbased when up at a family holiday house.

Return to “Queensland”