South Australia Fishing Reports
Bugatti

Re: Glenelg Jetty, early season land-based Snapper

Post by Bugatti » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:28 pm

smile0784 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:54 am
What a report lol
If the aliens got the earlier they could of scored lol

Thanks Smiley, and yes, there was a bit of eye candy in the beginning of the night

Lightningx wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:58 am
Top report and pics Mr Bug!!!
I’ve walked along that pier sooo many times as a young fella.
Never really fished it much as I used to fish Henley beach, semaphore and grange piers more.
Do they get many big reds off that pier?
Cheers
Thanks LX (and little lx :) )

There used to be some caught there back in the day, but in recent history, they are more the rugger size (38 - 50 ) or pinkies as you guys say. They come more frequently from Brighton Jetty , , , , and frequent :) meaning more that they come through every now and then, not a regular occurrence. Brighton one or two per month, Glenelg less, you have to pick when you think they might be there. One evening a few years back, windy and a bit rough about 20 got caught in an hour on Brighton Jetty then nothing for two months.

meppstas wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:26 am
Top report Mr B & a entertaining one as always, alien abduction.. Hmmm!!! I gather it wasn't coffee in the thermos.. ;-)
Shame you didn't manage a snapper or two, perhaps a trip to the outer harbor breakwater may have been worth a trip though I doubt the bug cart would have made it over the rocks.. May be worth trying a shot at chasing some mulloway in the Port River area on a still night too.. :water:

cheers
Adrian

Thanks Adrian

Seems there is still a fair bit of South Australian in you. Spot on about the Outer Harbour Breakwater, that would be my pick of going for Snapper for anyone land-based. As long as they don't fall in the trap of casting as far as you can , , , , just a good cast to the channel slope/edge not the middle. But those rocks have had their pleasure with my shins many a time :o_0:

The Port River is still ok for Mullies but most is inaccessible as they have closed off most of it. West lakes is the better place, might not be as many caught but a lot more pleasurable to fish, so it makes donuts more palatable , , , , as donuts should be , , , , and Chocolate of-course.

Cheers, Bill

Return to “South Australia”