smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Re: Black Point, Bugatti Style

Post by smile0784 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:13 pm

Bugatti wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:41 pm
meppstas wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:12 pm
A great few days spent with the kids Mr B, like the sanding dust on the bonfire too.. certainly something a little different.. :o_0:

And yes have to agree "Don't tell the Mothers" :tease:

cheers
Adrian
Thanks Adrian, and yes it sure was a great time.

We do our mandatory junk food stop up and back at Port Wakefield , , , , the Roadhouse up and the Bakery on the way back. I think the kids love that just as much , , , , they feel they have the town to themselves.

Great way to break up the trip too, with two "one hour" stints

Pt Wakefield.PNG

smile0784 wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:29 pm
Sound like a great time with time.

Great line... Just don't teach my 2yo that just yet

You might have a few years there Smiley before you can say that to your two , , , , saying it too early , , , , you run the distinct suicidal risk of the kids saying, innocently of course "Dad told us not to tell you" , , , , which would soon be followed by a pillow and that crazy itchy woollen blanket and to sleep on the couch

couch 1.PNG

Cheers, Bug, who knows the couch too well :(
No one wants the couch lol

Mind you I might actually get more sleep on couch lol

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:43 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:37 pm
Nice trip out with the kids and family mate. Well done.
KeenAds wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:34 pm
Sounds like an awesome trip mate your kids will remember these times for the rest of their life.
Lightningx wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:55 pm
Mr Bug now that looks like an awesome trip with the family!
That’s what it’s all about having a fun, relaxing time with some fishing too of course :)
Kind of reminds me of the trip I had recently with the missus!
We had such an amazing time! Didn’t want to come back :rofl:
Great pics by the way! Thanks for sharing it with us mate :P
Cheers :thumbsup:
Seb85 wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:56 pm
Lovely story there Mr Bug, sounds like you had a great time with the family. :thumbsup:

Thanks guys.

We have been going there at one place or another, every year (many times some years) since I was a teenager. Dirt road back then causing stone chips on the bonnet of the V8 hoon car I had. A Hottie towing a boat , , , , always got looks

But, I love that the next generation are organising their own trip there later this year.

So, yes , , , , great family times and nice to see that are following suit too

Cheers, Bugz

Paulanderson
Has liked: 51 times

Post by Paulanderson » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:54 pm

Hi Bugs aside from Port Wakefield - battered Garfish and chips from the Ardrossan fish and chip shop was always a compulsory stop during my Black Point days. According to the rels Whiting have been mainly small and hard to come by the past year or two. Gars, Tommies and crabs etc have been OK though.

Paul

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:56 pm

rb85 wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:00 pm

Good on you Bug souns like a great family trip I'm having a Jack now to try and kick this dreaded cold.
Thanks rb , , , , yes, very medicinal the Elixir of Lynchburg, Tennessee, the Daniels Dose, the Jacks Couch Syrup , , , , aaaaah, we don't need any justification , , , , hope it does the trick for you.

If it doesn't, not sure about the Trivago Chick, but the Vicks Vixen might rub some Vicks on your tummy , , , , actually, once she finishes with you, can you send her my way , , , , I think I'm coming down with something, well I'll make sure I am by the time she gets here :-D

Vicks Chick.PNG

Cheers, Bugatti

VooDoo
Has liked: 165 times

Post by VooDoo » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:04 am

That's a great family ritual there Bug :thumbsup:

You certainly left us (well some more than others) all in suspense for a little while but great to know that you had quality time with family and friends - can't ask for more than that IMHO .. With such a good time, i would have switched my phone off too regardless if there's signal or not :)

Next time - please don't forget to send an invitation to this FV family as well .. I am sure Seb, Smiley and Lightning McQueen certainly come along to make sure you are safe and sound :-D

"VooDoo .... WhoDoo .... YouDoo .... VooDoo" The Bug (Bugatti) S.A. [2019]

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:08 am

68EBFF6B-B42D-453C-86FD-03042904FB6F.png
You should try this stuff you can buy it on eBay called mystical fire burns different colours for about 20 mins I usually have it in my hand then throw it on the fire with a piece of special rainbow wood sucks them in every time.
Can’t beat bonding trips with your kids and mates

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:10 am

Paulanderson wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:54 pm
Hi Bugs aside from Port Wakefield - battered Garfish and chips from the Ardrossan fish and chip shop was always a compulsory stop during my Black Point days. According to the rels Whiting have been mainly small and hard to come by the past year or two. Gars, Tommies and crabs etc have been OK though.

Paul

Your info was spot on Paul, the whiting were small. We spoke to a few locals that we know and they have been small and hard to come by in numbers.

The good thing about Black Point is that it is a great spot for the bread & butter specie, especially squid. The summer Yellowfin Whiting run in the area is amazing too, nice plump Gold Bars. And the bait is at your toes, the most humble clickers , , , ,

Definitely going to try the Ardrossan Fish & Chip shop next time we are up there.

VooDoo wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:04 am
That's a great family ritual there Bug :thumbsup:

You certainly left us (well some more than others) all in suspense for a little while but great to know that you had quality time with family and friends - can't ask for more than that IMHO .. With such a good time, i would have switched my phone off too regardless if there's signal or not :)

Next time - please don't forget to send an invitation to this FV family as well .. I am sure Seb, Smiley and Lightning McQueen certainly come along to make sure you are safe and sound :-D
Thanks Voo.

Great to get away anywhere though isn't it.

About the invite, yes all are welcome , , , , my slaves Don & Marco at the BBQ are going to say "Oh, great, more mouths to feed" but hey , , , , we can give them encouragement, just hold your drink behind your back when talking to them :-D

Nude up wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:08 am

rainbow wood.PNG
rainbow wood.PNG (65.57 KiB) Viewed 3031 times

You should try this stuff you can buy it on eBay called mystical fire burns different colours for about 20 mins I usually have it in my hand then throw it on the fire with a piece of special rainbow wood sucks them in every time.
Can’t beat bonding trips with your kids and mates
Thanks Nudie.

Yeah, trip was nice , , , , oddly enough, the Mothers know we "Dad" up the trips and great for Father-Child bonding and are fine with the kids having leeway , , , , but luckily they don't know all :-D

That colour stuff is amazing , , , , kids are going to get a buzz out of that. Definitely on the next trip. My younger Sister has a fire pit setup at here place, and she is into that type of stuff too.

Cheers, thanks again guys
Buggaboooooooooooo

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:38 am

Paulanderson wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:54 pm

Paul
Wow it was many years ago now but still remember the fish and chip shop there! Very very nice :thumbsup:

Return to “South Australia”