Black Point South Australia. July-2018

South Australia Fishing Reports
Bugatti

Black Point South Australia. July-2018

Post by Bugatti » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:17 pm

July School Holidays 2018, a mate & I took our kids and some of their friends to Black Point South Australia.

Two cars, two boats, two Dads and too many kids. Actually six kids, so wasn't too bad. The kids were excited to get away and be with their sensibly irresponsible Dads and away from their respective responsible motherly Mums. What do I care, as long as they wore fresh underpants everyday, I was happy. Fact was, they did quiet well, it was us Dads that went back to Adelaide with a near new bar of soap.

The fishing was going to be for Squid, Whiting and Snapper. It was all about taking the kids out. It wasn't a "boys trip" but about family. The Squid fishing was very productive, Whiting a trickle and as far as Snapper, well kids don't get up too early and by late afternoon for an evening bite at the Snapper Cherry the kids were enjoying the leeway we gave them from "home rules" and non wanted to go have a try at the Reds .AND there was no way were going to leave teenagers on their own, so Shack bound for all of us.

Everyone got to take home a heap of squid with some Whiting Fillets too. And we gave the Exs Squid too, both of us are amicable with the Exs.

Jack Daniels kept mate and I company most nights , , , , two a night each (not bottles but a short shot on ice, I mean we may be irresponsible but we are sensible). Plus a measured fireworks display by some neighbours most nights was great and our over excited kids needed to be kept an eye on, a sober eye on.

All in all, it was a great time for all of us.

Gentlemen, start your engines
IMG_20180707_132643.jpg

Stunning location
IMG_20180709_071853.jpg

Heart rates are racing
IMG_20180709_085850.jpg

Come on kid, where's the next one
IMG_20180708_123128.jpg

Aaaah, there they are
IMG_20180708_134736.jpg

The fruits of another day's labour
IMG_20180709_102406.jpg

Mmmmm, Yiros night
IMG_20180709_195103.jpg

The start of the evening
IMG_20180709_173036.jpg

Ooooow, the evening
IMG_20180707_180427.jpg

Ooooow Aaaaah
IMG_20180709_230226.jpg

Cheers, Bugatti
Last edited by Bugatti on Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: Black Point South Australia. July-2018

Post by Lightningx » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:25 pm

Sounds like a great holiday mate!
I grew up in Adelaide and explored a lot of the state but don’t remember hearing about a black point! Where abouts is that?
Some great pics btw :thumbsup:

Brownie

Post by Brownie » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:44 pm

Good haul. :thumbsup:

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:49 pm

Lightningx wrote:Sounds like a great holiday mate!
I grew up in Adelaide and explored a lot of the state but don’t remember hearing about a black point! Where abouts is that?
Thanks Lightningx
Black Point Map.PNG
Great little spot, shacks right on the beach. And you can leave the boat in the water till you leave, just tie it off on a buoy, each shack has an allocated one. GREAT for squid and crabs and ok for whiting and snapper. Most of the summer species actually and yellow fin in winter/spring. You can get squid and other fish from the shore
black point 1.PNG

Cheers, Bugatti

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin

Post by Lightningx » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:55 pm

Ah not far from Ardrossan. I have some very fond memories Fishing from that pier. Used to collect my own pippies and then catch some monster Whiting’s from there :thumbsup:

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:58 pm

Lightningx wrote:Ah not far from Ardrossan. I have some very fond memories Fishing from that pier. Used to collect my own pippies and then catch some monster Whiting’s from there :thumbsup:
A great pier and area PLUS not too far from Adelaide.

I too have fond memories, from being a kid right through to now

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:01 pm

Brownie wrote:Good haul. :thumbsup:
Thanks Brownie

I'd like to say it was from ability, but they are thick when we were there, but we were lucky.

Cheers

Sebb
Has liked: 3001 times

Post by Sebb » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:11 pm

Wow I'm jealous, nice one.

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:27 am

Seb85 wrote:Wow I'm jealous, nice one.
Yeah, it is a nice "everything" there. And we were fortunate not only about the catch but weather and nice neighbours too. A really nice Holiday.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin

Post by Lightningx » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:45 am

Bugatti wrote:
Lightningx wrote:Sounds like a great holiday mate!
Thanks Lightningx
Black Point Map.PNG
Great little spot, shacks right on the beach. And you can leave the boat in the water till you leave, just tie it off on a buoy, each shack has an allocated one. GREAT for squid and crabs and ok for whiting and snapper. Most of the summer species actually and yellow fin in winter/spring. You can get squid and other fish from the shore
black point 1.PNG

Cheers, Bugatti
Dam mate that sounds like a top spot! I loved the area around there! Such good fishing grounds all through there :thumbsup:

Return to “South Australia”