Adrian's Trout Fishing Kit & more...

Tasmania Fishing Reports
meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Adrian's Trout Fishing Kit & more...

Post by meppstas » Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:08 pm

I hope this is okay to put on the site, it's just too large to copy and paste and add photos to it..

If the Mods think it's not proper then feel free to delete it..

With the 2021/22 trout season only 3 & a bit weeks away I wrote this article for my sponsor and I thought it was worthwhile sharing it.. I was also asked to add a few memorable fishing moments too..

It was easier to put the direct site link on here rather than copying and pasting the whole article as it is quite large.. Hopefully it maybe of some help to those of you who read it.

** Click on the site below..

https://tackletactics.com.au/Tips-Techn ... g-Kit-More

cheers
Adrian...
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

ben475
Has liked: 161 times

Re: Adrian's Trout Fishing Kit & more...

Post by ben475 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:50 pm

interesting read, thanks for posting.

Sebb
Has liked: 3010 times

Post by Sebb » Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:39 pm

I've always been intrigued about the anti kink rig.
The first aid kit snd PLB can be easily overlooked by people, especially those who fishes alone in woop woop.
Good list Adrian.

I have two boxes for trout fishing and I thought I got more than enough. Then I saw yours... lol.

This is my favourite photo :)
Attachments
full_8419_Trout16021.jpg
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

meppstas

Post by meppstas » Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:00 pm

Thanks Ben & Sebb,,

Sebb, the first aid kit has come in handy a few times, being on blood thinners I bleed quite freely after a small knick or pulling a treble hook from a finger.. :)

The PLB is a must when fishing alone especially in some of the areas I fish, thankfully I'm yet to use it. :)

The Carnival of The grasshopper is one I'll never forget either, to win that was very special day for sure.. :wt:

As for the lure boxes, can never have enough of them, the bigger variety of then the better chances of catching a few trout, especially when the fussy.

cheers
Adrian..
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

Charles7
Has liked: 98 times

Post by Charles7 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:49 am

I've never been unlucky enough to have a hook bury itself past the barb in my finger. Do you pinch the bend with the pliers and simply pull it out or is there something more to it?

Sebb
Has liked: 3010 times

Post by Sebb » Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:50 am

meppstas wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:00 pm
The PLB is a must when fishing alone especially in some of the areas I fish, thankfully I'm yet to use it. :)
and I hope you will never have to use it.
meppstas wrote:
As for the lure boxes, can never have enough of them, the bigger variety of then the better chances of catching a few trout, especially when the fussy.
This is true.

What is the target number for the coming season?
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:17 pm

Great read Adrian

meppstas

Post by meppstas » Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:23 pm

Charles7 wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:49 am
I've never been unlucky enough to have a hook bury itself past the barb in my finger. Do you pinch the bend with the pliers and simply pull it out or is there something more to it?
I just get the small pointed nose pliers and give it a quick yank and pull it out.. They're only a small to medium size treble, the hardest part is if the treble hook is in the right hand or finger, being right handed I find it a little difficult at times using the left hand to get it out. The worst one was when I had a treble stuck in my ear left lobe when the trout tossed the spinner as it jumped from the river when I was about to slip the net under it.. :oo:

cheers
Adrian..

meppstas

Post by meppstas » Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:33 pm

Sebb wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:50 am
meppstas wrote:
and I hope you will never have to use it.
meppstas wrote:
This is true.

What is the target number for the coming season?
I reckon I'll set it at 500 for the 2021/22 season Seb.. not sure if I'm getting in to have both hips replaced this year or not..

Finally after a 14 month wait I get to see the orthopaedic surgeon on the 14th August.. not sure what's happening with the lower back, L3, L4 & L5 discs are all stuffed as well.. I doubt I'll be pushing to have a back operation though, at 75 yrs of age with a 12 month recovery period I'll be giving the back operation a miss. Will just stay with the injections & heat patches to keep me in the rivers for the next few years.. with 24 days to the season opener I'm on the exercise bike every morning to help strengthen the legs and lower back muscles up for a solid year all going well that is.. :tu:

cheers
Adrian..

happyfriggincamper
Has liked: 556 times

Post by happyfriggincamper » Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:13 pm

Nice write-up Adrian!

Was curious on how you got to be mostly Okuma exclusive as it doesn't seem to be a prominent brand in Australia (from what I see across forums, social media, etc)?

Am also interested to know how you would break down the key differences in the reels you mentioned there as far as their performance on the water and what situations you find one better for than another? Or are they generally interchangeable with not much noticeable difference for all your fishing scenarios?

I'm slowly upgrading my 2500 size range reels from cheap shimanos (eg Siennas) to lighter models. The Daiwa Excelor was the main reel ive been looking at for something that weighs under or just over 200g and a maximum $175 price point - but your post put me onto considering the Inspira reel as an option in this range, either the 20 or 30 to use for trout, bream, bass, EP.

Return to “Tasmania”