Heading to Tasmania

Tasmania Fishing Reports
mazman
Has liked: 138 times

Re: Heading to Tasmania

Post by mazman » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:51 am

Here we are search function didn't find it for some reason but luckily I put it in the tasmania sub section
viewtopic.php?f=187&t=11907

it's also worth noting that while there's only 2 bream shown on the charter we picked 7 up off the flats on hardbodies all in the 30-35cm size bracket
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

simon2g

Post by simon2g » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:02 pm

mazman wrote:
simon2g wrote:
meppstas wrote:St.Helens in the bay is always a good spot to fish as is Beer Barrel Beach at Stiegletz at St Helens, South of St Helens is Scamander where the Bream fishing is very good in the Scamander River. The Douglas River further South past Seymour also has some good bream fishing in it as well.
Call into any of the information centers as they have heaps of brochures to go through or if your at St Helens check out a tackle shop they're full of info and will give you some directions where to fish..
cheers
Adrian
Ive pinned St Helens as a spot to stay for a night Mepps, It does look nice around there and i've found a few charters too.
Thanks for the advice mate :a_goodjob:
If you're going on a charter from st helens I recommend Michael Haley for bream http://www.breamfishing.com.au/ he won't just give you the best chance you'll have of hooking a bream on lure in the system but also teach you how to do it elsewhere. He also does other charters which I imagine would be good to great but I haven't been on them to comment. Also the marina at st helens is a good area to fish for bream landbased.

Fishing aside if weather permits I highly recommend a trip to the bay of fires (north from st helens).

I'll see if I can find the report for the trip I did down there

Cheers Alex
That would be great mate, thanks for the advice. Look forward to the report if you can find out

mazman
Has liked: 138 times

Post by mazman » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:34 pm

simon2g wrote:
mazman wrote:
simon2g wrote:
meppstas wrote:St.Helens in the bay is always a good spot to fish as is Beer Barrel Beach at Stiegletz at St Helens, South of St Helens is Scamander where the Bream fishing is very good in the Scamander River. The Douglas River further South past Seymour also has some good bream fishing in it as well.
Call into any of the information centers as they have heaps of brochures to go through or if your at St Helens check out a tackle shop they're full of info and will give you some directions where to fish..
cheers
Adrian
Ive pinned St Helens as a spot to stay for a night Mepps, It does look nice around there and i've found a few charters too.
Thanks for the advice mate :a_goodjob:
If you're going on a charter from st helens I recommend Michael Haley for bream http://www.breamfishing.com.au/ he won't just give you the best chance you'll have of hooking a bream on lure in the system but also teach you how to do it elsewhere. He also does other charters which I imagine would be good to great but I haven't been on them to comment. Also the marina at st helens is a good area to fish for bream landbased.

Fishing aside if weather permits I highly recommend a trip to the bay of fires (north from st helens).

I'll see if I can find the report for the trip I did down there

Cheers Alex
That would be great mate, thanks for the advice. Look forward to the report if you can find out
There's a link to the report in the first post of this page
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

Return to “Tasmania”