End of Season LBG trip under crazy circumstances.

New South Wales Fishing Reports
Aimless
Has liked: 15 times

Re: End of Season LBG trip under crazy circumstances.

Post by Aimless » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:58 am

Nice trip Dougie. I think when this is over, we'll really appreciate the chance to get out again. Feels like a lost year. Maybe less so in Australia but worldwide, many people will lose their lives or know someone who has.

I think the next 12 months, at some point, will probably be an explosion of locals exploring a bit more of Australia. I am guilty of flying overseas any chance I can (annual leave is a precious thing) but certainly merit in exploring our surrounds.

smokin_reels
Has liked: 308 times

Post by smokin_reels » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:59 am

Thats a great report Dougie, cant wait to head up that way someday :)
There is always more to learn , fish to catch , places to see and friends to make.

Troy McLure
Has liked: 140 times

Post by Troy McLure » Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:08 am

Camping and fishing is the same as a foot and a sock, they just go together. I watch a bloke on YouTube, Chris Baman, he camps and fishes and also spear fishes predominantly the south coast of NSW. He’s not exactly Rex Hunt with his fishing but his videos are the best thing on the internet.

Troy McLure
Has liked: 140 times

Post by Troy McLure » Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:08 am

I’ve had a think about it, maybe the second best thing on the web.

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Post by mazman » Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:35 am

DougieK wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:09 am
mazman wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:28 pm
Nice write up doug, it's times like now that make you realise how lucky we are to be able to do trips like this. A mate and I did something very similar but fishing an estuary in gippy just before lockdown, seeing some of the fire damage was pretty confronting in places. Really admire the effort you put in and some of the places you get into. Hopefully big trips like this are on the cards in the not too distant future but I suspect it will be quite some time before we can travel unimpeded.
Honestly I don't really enjoy it as much without the swag life. Fishing and camping alone is an experience unlike any other. Even though most of these ledges were deserted, going back to a house (well an apartment attached to a house) with the IP and having the shops walking distance and a kettle and a microwave etc kind of ruins what i'm trying to do.

Australia is unbelievably lucky to be able to just get in the car and drive places like we can, all the people freaking out about not being able to go overseas for holidays dont' know what they've been missing out on and will be pleasantly suprised if they choose somewhere like this.
For competitions I like having that house to go back to and organise my gear, tie fresh leaders and come up with a plan of attack for the next day. On social trips I'm fishing from sunrise to sunset usually and don't really care where I sleep.

I enjoy overseas travel but there is still so much of Australia I want to explore its not funny.
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

VooDoo
Has liked: 165 times

Post by VooDoo » Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:06 pm

That is some trip there DougieK :tu:

You went and caught some awesome fishes while here we all stayed home .. go online to bicker the crap out of each other ... many not so nice pleasantries exchanged .. Mod warnings .. and many threats locked down .. but you went fishing and camping ... YOU ARE the man :gj:

Well Done again DougieK .. enjoyed the read .. especially now :)

"VooDoo .... WhoDoo .... YouDoo .... VooDoo" The Bug (Bugatti) S.A. [2019]

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:16 am

VooDoo wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:06 pm
That is some trip there DougieK :tu:

You went and caught some awesome fishes while here we all stayed home .. go online to bicker the crap out of each other ... many not so nice pleasantries exchanged .. Mod warnings .. and many threats locked down .. but you went fishing and camping ... YOU ARE the man :gj:

Well Done again DougieK .. enjoyed the read .. especially now :)
To quote myself, repeatedly, over the last 10 years, "Fugg everything i'm going fishing"
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:19 am

Troy McLure wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:08 am
Camping and fishing is the same as a foot and a sock, they just go together. I watch a bloke on YouTube, Chris Baman, he camps and fishes and also spear fishes predominantly the south coast of NSW. He’s not exactly Rex Hunt with his fishing but his videos are the best thing on the internet.
I know Chris, that channel is excellent. If anyone is interested here's his latest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcgy2_Mn2Cg

Staying in a town just isn't the same thing. I did a trip of similar length a couple of years ago and solo camped 23 days, this trip I probably fished harder but it just doesn't have the same feeling of epicness that I got the first time round.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

Raulfc7
Has liked: 21 times

Post by Raulfc7 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:18 pm

Fantastic report Dougie :ch:
Really enjoy reading about the places that you get to go fishing and you finding the time to do so :wt:
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:05 am

Nothing better mate. Cheers for the report, just reading it soothed the soul.

Anth

Return to “New South Wales”