End of Season LBG trip under crazy circumstances.

New South Wales Fishing Reports
DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Re: End of Season LBG trip under crazy circumstances.

Post by DougieK » Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:40 am

Sinsemilla wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:05 am
Nothing better mate. Cheers for the report, just reading it soothed the soul.

Anth
Raulfc7 wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:18 pm
Fantastic report Dougie :ch:
Really enjoy reading about the places that you get to go fishing and you finding the time to do so :wt:
Thanks for the feedback boys. I enjoy writing the report and sharing the experience almost as much as I enjoy the fishing. I'll take a stab and say we'll be back on the rods in a month, just in time for salmon season.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

Fishbref
Has liked: 41 times

Post by Fishbref » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:49 am

Top read, soul soothing indeed. I was lucky to sneak in a 4-dayer at the Sapphire Coast first week of March; can't wait to get out again.

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:12 am

Great report Dougie :gj:

I for one, lived my fishing experience vicariously through reading your post (even the rod tip mishap). Your whole trip put a smile on my weary face , , , , oh, and envy too, boy was I envious :(

DougieK wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:48 pm

Packing the gear up back in Melbourne at the start of April is absolutely heartbreaking. We should have 2 more months of solid fishing every weekend ahead of us. Not heading into the city every night to do my classes at Absolute is even worse. This is the time of year we start to amp things up towards the Nationals then the Worlds, instead we are relegated to doing drills in my living room. Not having certainty about the future, the fear of the unknown, is a far bigger issue to most people than any tangible threat ever will be. The current situation is historically unique, we are about to experience the most trying times for Australia since the second world war. With patience, co operation and love, we, as fisherman, as a country, can get through this together. Stay home. Wash your hands. Show respect for people who do the same for you.

And very wise words indeed :tu:

Cheers, Bugs

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:47 pm

Bugatti wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:12 am
Great report Dougie :gj:

I for one, lived my fishing experience vicariously through reading your post (even the rod tip mishap). Your whole trip put a smile on my weary face , , , , oh, and envy too, boy was I envious :(

That's the second time i've done exactly the same thing to that rod. The others sit in one piece in the patrol, that one (was) and 1102 and needed to be broken down , and the tip has now twice slid into the door frame as i'm closing the fuggin thing. Same thing happened to my nitro surf messiah.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:43 pm

DougieK wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:40 am
Sinsemilla wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:05 am
Nothing better mate. Cheers for the report, just reading it soothed the soul.

Anth
Raulfc7 wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:18 pm
Fantastic report Dougie :ch:
Really enjoy reading about the places that you get to go fishing and you finding the time to do so :wt:
Thanks for the feedback boys. I enjoy writing the report and sharing the experience almost as much as I enjoy the fishing. I'll take a stab and say we'll be back on the rods in a month, just in time for salmon season.
Fingers crossed.

Return to “New South Wales”