End of season trout fishing on the Eucumbene

New South Wales Fishing Reports
Sinsemilla

End of season trout fishing on the Eucumbene

Post by Sinsemilla » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:46 pm

As the saying goes.. Better late than never!

I spent the weekend with the old man walking the banks of the Eucumbene river before the season close. They had a bit of rain the week before which produced some good fishing but by the time we got up there the river had dropped 300-500mm which made the fishing tough.

Even though we had a tough couple days fishing, and the fish weren't huge, its always a good weekend spent with good company and beautiful scenery.

On the first day I landed 2 fish on hard bodies and on the second day my Dad and I landed 8 fish between us with a heap dropped and missed on hard bodies and the nymph and glow bug rig.

I would have liked to fish the nymph/glow bug rig more but the water wasn't up enough/flowing enough to fish it properly.

Can't wait for the season to open to head up there again. One of my favorite places to fish for sure.

Cheers, Anth
Attachments
20190608_164509.jpg
Untitled.jpg
Screenshot_20190609-131122_Video Player.jpg
20190609_165835.jpg
20190609_091838.jpg
20190608_144633.jpg

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Re: End of season trout fishing on the Eucumbene

Post by smile0784 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:55 pm

Some beauty's there mate

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:00 pm

Great report and pics mate.
Good to see you back. Thought you were gone!
It’s always nice spending time with the old man.
Glad to hear you both caught some nice fish :)
Cheers :thumbsup:

meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Post by meppstas » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:21 pm

No better way to end the season with some nice solid well conditioned fish.. well done Anth.. :thumbsup:

cheers
Adrian
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

Redhunter
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Redhunter » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:31 pm

"Should have been here yesterday" is never something we like to hear. Shame about the river height dropping, but at least you got onto some nice browns. :thumbsup:
Well done mate, it would have been a fun (and chilly) weekend.

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:43 pm

Thanks for the kind words gents.

Yeah LX I thought I'd just have a break from all the internets for a while.. and also I've been concentrating on my dirt bike riding a fair bit. I needed to spread the love between my 2 hobbies and get the wrist that i broke not long ago back to 100%

Was a very chilly weekend but having a nice dinner, a wood fire and fellow fishermen to have a laugh with would warm anyone up.

I'll be camping at Goughs bay Eildon over the weekend. Hopefully I can report back with a few more trout on the board and maybe a sneaky cod!

Cheers, Anth

happyfriggincamper
Has liked: 556 times

Post by happyfriggincamper » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:50 am

Nice report and fish mate, welcome back

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:44 pm

Anth, spending the Weekend fishing with Dad , , , , does not get any better than that :thumbsup:

And some handsome looking trout too, and good size. On the "looking", I couldn't help but notice you are "looking" differently in every photo

Anth.PNG

Almost like the many disguises of Anth

Oups, I didn't just blow your cover from being in the "witness protection program" or something, have I ;-)

, , , , if I have , , , , one word , , , ,

Switzerland :-D

Cheers, Bugz

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:14 pm

Bugatti wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:44 pm
Anth, spending the Weekend fishing with Dad , , , , does not get any better than that :thumbsup:

And some handsome looking trout too, and good size. On the "looking", I couldn't help but notice you are "looking" differently in every photo

Anth.PNG

Almost like the many disguises of Anth

Oups, I didn't just blow your cover from being in the "witness protection program" or something, have I ;-)

, , , , if I have , , , , one word , , , ,

Switzerland :-D

Cheers, Bugz
That gave me a good chuckle!

I think the difference is fishing in the cold after 3 hours sleep, a 4am wake up and 7 hour drive to Eucumbene.. to having a decent sleep the next day and actually getting a couple of fish after warming up some chicken and veg soup by the river! I was also shocked when i saw the pictures from the first day and first thing in the morning on the next day.. Looks like I've aged 15 years.. I promise i look prettier in real life!

Cheers, Anth

P.s.. Switzerland wont have me.. I don't have enough 0's at the end of my numbers in my bank account..

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:47 pm

Sinsemilla wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:14 pm

Looks like I've aged 15 years.. I promise i look prettier in real life!

Cheers, Anth

Anth you're right about the clothes, late Autumn and early Spring have a large range of temps where as winter is just straight cold.

On the "I promise i look prettier in real life" , , , , I have fallen for that many a time on those on-line dating profiles :o_0:

Anth Tinder.PNG

Now, just to clarify , , , , I don't know if the Loch Ness Monster really exists , , , , but I have met a few of its Sisters :o_0:

Cheers, Bugz
I'm of European Heritage , , , , I have every vowel in my Surname but as you, not enough 0's in my Bank Account :(

Return to “New South Wales”