Port Stephens - Tweed Heads - Forster

New South Wales Fishing Reports
wallaby30

Re: Port Stephens - Tweed Heads - Forster

Post by wallaby30 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:38 pm

Just got back from Byron bay and was fishing the Brunswick river a fair bit . Plenty of fish caught well worth a crack its only a 25 min drive or so from tweed . Gd luck and look foward to ur reports

fishmagnet

Post by fishmagnet » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:50 am

fished for 4 hours last night for 1 undersized bream. there was a 47cm 2.5kg one caught next to me by a 10 year old. tried off the Nelson bay breakwall and there was some Rat kings being caught. hiring a boat out Wednesday so hopefully we can get onto some. no matter the time of the day all the jetties and all along the breakwall is packed. very annoying and hard fishing at the moment. will keep trying though and I'll keep you guys posted.

cheers Sam

sloth
Has liked: 6 times

Post by sloth » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:55 am

47cm is a beast. That kids going to spend most of his life trying to get a new PB lol

fishmagnet

Post by fishmagnet » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:24 pm

fished tonight at shoal bay with live worms and only got 3 Rays and an undersized whiting... hiring a boat tomorrow between 7-11am instead of Wednesday so hopefully we will get something...rays where good fun on the new rod though...

cheers Sam

fishmagnet

Post by fishmagnet » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:00 pm

gave shoal bay a crack last night for an hour hoping for whiting... ended up with 3 small stingrays instead Bangg

went out for 4 hours on a hire boat this morning was a lovely morning but only got 3 undersized whiting. gonna try shoal bay again tonight with my little brother hopefully we can get something a bit better

cheers Sam

fishmagnet

Post by fishmagnet » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:19 pm

nothing tonight

fishmagnet

Post by fishmagnet » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:11 pm

so port Stephens has only produced me 5 fish in a week... hopefully I'm more successful at the tweed. 8-)

Cheers Sam

fishmagnet

Post by fishmagnet » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:32 pm

take that last post back...

had one last quick flick before we head off tomorrow with a 2" ZMan grub motor oil. just about to hard back when my line just went tight like it had been snagged... then the supposed 'snag' started to move... then take drag. after an epic couple of minutes fight I landed this beauty of a flattie!
image.jpg
I was stoked! a PB flattie and my first one on SPs and my new rod!

bring on the tweed!

cheers Sam :thumbsup:

fishmagnet

Post by fishmagnet » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:19 am

fishmagnet wrote:take that last post back...

had one last quick flick before we head off tomorrow with a 2" ZMan grub motor oil. just about to head back when my line just went tight like it had been snagged... then the supposed 'snag' started to move... then take drag. after an epic couple of minutes fight I landed this beauty of a flattie!
image.jpg
I was stoked! a PB flattie and my first one on SPs and my new rod!

bring on the tweed!

cheers Sam :thumbsup:

fishmagnet

Post by fishmagnet » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:16 pm

Today was our first full day in the tweed. We had most of yesterday afternoon though. Fished off the back of the houseboat for a few hours for 2 legal bream, countless puffers and catfish washed down with all the rain and some undersized whiting. Kept the 2 bream.

Fished this afternoon off the tinny and just drifted in the tide. Picked up 2 legal whiting, undersized flatties and heaps of undersized bream. Kept the 2 whiting.

Fished tonight off the back off the houseboat for a just legal bream. Also we got a mudcrab of about 15cm and had 4 others follow the bait up and then let go. Kept the mudcrab and the bream.

Sorry I havent taken any photos yet because i just haven't been bothered but I'll try to get a couple of pics from now on.

Cheers Sam

Return to “New South Wales”