Tweed River?

New South Wales Fishing Reports
fishmagnet

Tweed River?

Post by fishmagnet » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:47 pm

hey guys,
found out that instead of going to maroochydore we are going to hire a houseboat on the tweed river with some friends in early jan next year. could anyone please offer me some advice with baits, rigs, species etc...? the houseboat also tows a runabout tinny so can fish off that as well as off the houseboat. any help will be much appreciated :)
cheers sam

eslop

Re: Tweed River?

Post by eslop » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:22 pm

Sam Ogden wrote:hey guys,
found out that instead of going to maroochydore we are going to hire a houseboat on the tweed river with some friends in early jan next year. could anyone please offer me some advice with baits, rigs, species etc...? the houseboat also tows a runabout tinny so can fish off that as well as off the houseboat. any help will be much appreciated :)
cheers sam
I grew up near there and a really good mate lives and fishes there all the time. He's more into lure fishing, but reckons you can't go past yabbies and sand worms for flatties and whiting.
I'll find out more for you when I talk to him and let you know what's the go around Jan.
Cheers, Scott.

pb's
Murray Cod: 92 on spinnerbait, 81 on surface lure, 74 on bait
Golden Perch: 49 on TN60
Redfin: 41 on TN60
Brown Trout: 68 on SP
Rainbow: maybe 10
Mudmarlin: 78

fishmagnet

Post by fishmagnet » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:06 pm

eslop wrote:
Sam Ogden wrote:hey guys,
cheers sam
I grew up near there and a really good mate lives and fishes there all the time. He's more into lure fishing, but reckons you can't go past yabbies and sand worms for flatties and whiting.
I'll find out more for you when I talk to him and let you know what's the go around Jan.
thanks heaps scott! that would be awesome if you could do that.

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:15 pm

Assuming it fishes in a similar way to the rivers nearby, any soft plastic with some action will be successful for flatties. Wait for it to hit the bottom, lift, wind a bit, hit the bottom, lift wind a bit etc etc. They grab it on the drop so lift fairly hard and set the hook.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 91

Longtail : 1

Return to “New South Wales”