Reel time fishing charters

Fishing charters and hire boats around Melbourne and Victoria
gregmaka
Has liked: 97 times

Re: Reel time fishing charters

Post by gregmaka » Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:16 pm

I keep telling people if you only intend going fishing on your own 5 to 10 times a year it is worth paying the price and going on a charter. Maintaining a boat is not cheap--- rego,insurance,services,bait etc. $70-$150 for charters may seem expensive at the time but still way less than maintaining a boat all year round than owning a boat and not getting much use out of it.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:52 am

gregmaka wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:16 pm
I keep telling people if you only intend going fishing on your own 5 to 10 times a year it is worth paying the price and going on a charter. Maintaining a boat is not cheap--- rego,insurance,services,bait etc. $70-$150 for charters may seem expensive at the time but still way less than maintaining a boat all year round than owning a boat and not getting much use out of it.
This is spot on especially the weather thus far this Summer.
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:52 pm

gregmaka wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:16 pm
Rather have me own boat to use few times a year and have peace and quiet ,.
Rather then go out on charter few times a year ,with 10 so other blokes taking small talk n crap n on the beers.. .
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

SteveoTheTiger
Has liked: 182 times

Post by SteveoTheTiger » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:09 pm

Having owned a boat almost my entire life (my parents had boats from before i was born, and i bought my own first boat when i was 21) i couldnt imagine not owning a boat. But i can totally see why a lot of people would rather pay a few times a year to go out on a charter instead. Its a bit like renting a house vs owning a house.. there are pro's and con's either way and each person is different.
The only thing better than serenity is a two stroke at full throttle!
Check out my Flickr Photostream

Andrews
Has liked: 265 times

Post by Andrews » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:53 pm

I feel this depends on quite a few things, most importantly the individual, their personality and lifestyle.
I'm someone who doesn't own a boat for a few reasons, one being that they can be a big investment, they have upkeep costs and the deciding factor for me is that I live ten minutes from my favourite local pier. Charters are a welcome opportunity for me.

I was weighing up getting a boat in January and decided to consider lifestyle pros and cons, sure with a boat I'd be hopefully catching more fish and squid, but how would that increase the cost of catching those squid? Fishing from my local pier is very cheap and because of that I can sneak out every few days after work. I enjoy meeting new people there and never pass up on a yarn. I always manage a few squid and fish per week, which is more than plenty of me personally and when they're running hot I'll give a few away. Right now things are slow, but they're also slow for the guys in the boat.

Charters can be awesome, I couldn't imagine in a million years buying a boat and gear large enough for chasing sport fish like tuna. Charter makes that accessible for people like me who might now have a boat, or may without the equipment needed to chase these species. That's an awesome thing.
Amateur Fisherman, South West Victoria / - Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/fishingandrew/ Sponsors: Yamashita Australia, Yamashita Maria Japan.

Return to “Fishing Charters and Boat Hire”