Fishing charters and hire boats around Melbourne and Victoria
Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Re: Covied safe app

Post by Boonanza » Sun May 03, 2020 12:51 pm

Sinsemilla wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 12:32 pm
https://www.abc.net.au/news/science/202 ... s/12202876

The app has been having issues. It has many bugs such as not working efficiently on iphones unless it's constantly open on your screen and doesn't work properly in rural parts of the country where reception is limited.

I wonder if they'll change the privacy policy of the app as they update it and what that means for the people who have already downloaded it.
Well what a surprise something they rushed to create dosen't work properly. It dosen't really matter what happens with this app anyway because Daniel Andrews is ignoring anything outside of Victoria. He hasn't budged once since the start and he isn't going to now, we will be in this for a lot longer than next week. Have a look at the latest figures they are going up again.
VICTORIA’S DAILY CASES
April 20: 1 new case
April 21: 7 new cases
April 22: 2 new cases (and 2 cases removed from total)
April 23: 1 new case
April 24: 6 new cases
April 25: 3 new cases
April 26: 3 new cases
April 27: 1 new case
April 28: 2 new cases
April 29: 3 new cases
April 30: 7 new cases
May 1: 3 new cases
May 2: 7 new cases
May 3: 13 new cases
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Sun May 03, 2020 1:24 pm

Of course now that they are testing for the virus a lot more, we will get more cases which means they will keep us in lock down for longer.. We'll see how long this lasts. People aren't going to put up with it for much longer. Dan the wingnut is using this economic crash to get more involved with the CCP and he's loving it. Hopefully people don't put up with that for much longer either.

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Sun May 03, 2020 1:50 pm

Sinsemilla wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 1:24 pm
Of course now that they are testing for the virus a lot more, we will get more cases which means they will keep us in lock down for longer.. We'll see how long this lasts. People aren't going to put up with it for much longer. Dan the wingnut is using this economic crash to get more involved with the CCP and he's loving it. Hopefully people don't put up with that for much longer either.
People aren't going to put up with it much longer.?
What r the people going to do ?

Few meltdowns on here if restrictions r held or more put on.
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Sun May 03, 2020 2:00 pm

They'll just start doing the stuff we "aren't allowed" to do. They can't stop everyone nor is it legal for them to fine us over "restrictions" anyway.

I already know people who have been doing all these things. While people whine on here there are others who are educated on the laws and have been going fishing this whole time.

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Sun May 03, 2020 2:11 pm

Sinsemilla wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 2:00 pm
They'll just start doing the stuff we "aren't allowed" to do. They can't stop everyone nor is it legal for them to fine us over "restrictions" anyway.

I already know people who have been doing all these things. While people whine on here there are others who are educated on the laws and have been going fishing this whole time.
So you beem fishing to ...since you know people educated on laws, they would of passed the legal info onto u ?
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Sun May 03, 2020 2:21 pm

Maybe.. ;)

Anyone with half a brain can read through the directions and see they aren't laws. Even the top cop said most of these fines wont go anywhere. They are relying on people being scared and most people are.

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Sun May 03, 2020 5:29 pm

Sinsemilla wrote:

They don't need to stop everyone, it's only a fairly small minority that don't support continuing the restrictions. For all the complaints about Dictator Dan, his approval ratings are through the roof.

Anyway, apparently the app doesn't even work:
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-05-02/ ... l/12208924
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Sun May 03, 2020 5:43 pm

4liters wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 5:29 pm
Sinsemilla wrote:

They don't need to stop everyone, it's only a fairly small minority that don't support continuing the restrictions. For all the complaints about Dictator Dan, his approval ratings are through the roof.

Anyway, apparently the app doesn't even work:
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-05-02/ ... l/12208924
"The app will not be fully functional until states and territories finalise data rules" - That made me laugh

"We have received reports from a number of people with diabetes who have downloaded the Australian Government COVIDSafe app to their smartphone that they have experienced connection problems with their continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) apps." - So it's probably going to do more bad than good..

It will be interesting to see where all this goes. In the article i posted it said iphone uses are especially having problems because of something the phone does to background apps if they are using bluetooth? Seems like they have a lot of bugs to sort out before this app is working properly.

Whats funny is that they have been pushing the, Get the app and you can have your freedom back sooner card, yet the app doesn't even work properly..

Troy McLure
Has liked: 140 times

Post by Troy McLure » Sun May 03, 2020 5:49 pm

Will the carp sign up for this app? Too many viruses or is it virus’? I’m so confused I need a beer or is it beers.?

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Sun May 03, 2020 5:51 pm

Troy McLure wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 5:49 pm
Will the carp sign up for this app? Too many viruses or is it virus’? I’m so confused I need a beer or is it beers.?
tbh a pandemic probably calls for nose beers
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Return to “Fishing Charters and Boat Hire”