First kayak, and first fish on it!

docta

Re: First kayak, and first fish on it!

Post by docta » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:01 am

cheaterparts wrote:
docta wrote:i like the idea of being able to troll with the berkley ones
because the rod lifts out the top instead of needing to be pulled out of a tube the rod holders can be set up futher in front of you
that way having 1 or 2 rods being trolled dont get in the way of you paddle but are still easy to get out of a holder if/when you get a strike
That is very true. Such a good idea of pulling the rod straight up - and - out as opposed to pulling it out of a holder. Might have to buy a couple more, thanks for the tip.
What anchor set up would you recommend? Ideally would love to set one up so that I can always face the way I wish to face regardless of current/wind etc
Thanks Cheater
Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths...

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Post by cheaterparts » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:41 pm

docta wrote:
What anchor set up would you recommend? Ideally would love to set one up so that I can always face the way I wish to face regardless of current/wind etc
Thanks Cheater
well I made a simple anchor trolley from a couple of small blocks that were left over from another progect

rear block screwed to the yak

and the front block veiw

a light rope about 4 mm from memory runs along the side of the yak and is tied to a stainless clip so the clip can be moved to ether end .

The anchor rope is tied off and sliped into the clip then the yak can be anchored off ether end or the side
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

docta

Post by docta » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:23 pm

Thanks cheater great set up. Picked up a Seak Adventurer Type II PFD after work tonight. 30% off once again cheers anaconda!
Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths...

Return to “Show us your purchases”