New Braid + Gomexus Emeraldas Handle

Andrews
Has liked: 265 times

New Braid + Gomexus Emeraldas Handle

Post by Andrews » Sat May 14, 2022 7:05 pm

Hey everyone,

I wanted to share two upgrades to my Daiwa 19 Emeraldas LT reel, which is the one that I'm always rocking while chasing calamari.
This reel has a sweet spot in my heart, as it's sentimental. It was my first proper reel that I personally owned, and it's been there from EGI beginner to the experience I have now.
Full disclosure, Gomexus sent me out this package to promote & review, braid was purchased with my own coin.

Gomexus did me a solid and sent out this pretty incredible package to celebrate the launch of their 'Emeraldas' styled double handle.
DA4ED7B9-444B-45C0-85D4-AC3D220ED8C6.jpeg
So to match that I decided to head over to Mario's for some new braid, oh and check out the squid jigs while they did it. They've got a solid range, this was the first of two sections with some limited JDM jigs. (not paid to say this, just appreciate a local shop doing it right haha!)
IMG_5784.JPG
I went with the Daiwa Saltiga braid, #0.8pe 16lb after a few mates recommended it.
4BA8F2D2-7822-484E-8AF2-CAEB7425C02D.JPEG
IMG_5791.JPG
Amateur Fisherman, South West Victoria / - Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/fishingandrew/ Sponsors: Yamashita Australia, Yamashita Maria Japan.

Sebb
Has liked: 3001 times

Re: New Braid + Gomexus Emeraldas Handle

Post by Sebb » Sat May 14, 2022 11:21 pm

Shiny! Very nice.

🤩
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Andrews

Post by Andrews » Sun May 15, 2022 12:59 pm

Thanks Sebb, keen to see how this braid goes, but the whole multicolour design has me pretty hyped.
Had a few mates rate it, so we will see if the squid like it.
https://www.instagram.com/fishingandrew/ Sponsors: Yamashita Australia, Yamashita Maria Japan.

dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Post by dazz999 » Mon May 23, 2022 6:32 pm

Are Gomexus on Ebay ?If so what,s the model number on the stand

Andrews

Post by Andrews » Mon May 23, 2022 7:34 pm

Yeah Ebay and Anglers Warehouse, the one I've been using is listed under Gomexus Reel Stand For Shimano Stella and Daiwa Spinning Reel 42mm Fit as Below, like $15 aud

e.welch
Has liked: 190 times

Post by e.welch » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:45 pm

Andrews wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 7:05 pm
Hey everyone,

I wanted to share two upgrades to my Daiwa 19 Emeraldas LT reel, which is the one that I'm always rocking while chasing calamari.
This reel has a sweet spot in my heart, as it's sentimental. It was my first proper reel that I personally owned, and it's been there from EGI beginner to the experience I have now.
Full disclosure, Gomexus sent me out this package to promote & review, braid was purchased with my own coin.

Gomexus did me a solid and sent out this pretty incredible package to celebrate the launch of their 'Emeraldas' styled double handle.
DA4ED7B9-444B-45C0-85D4-AC3D220ED8C6.jpeg
So to match that I decided to head over to Mario's for some new braid, oh and check out the squid jigs while they did it. They've got a solid range, this was the first of two sections with some limited JDM jigs. (not paid to say this, just appreciate a local shop doing it right haha!)
IMG_5784.JPG

I went with the Daiwa Saltiga braid, #0.8pe 16lb after a few mates recommended it.
4BA8F2D2-7822-484E-8AF2-CAEB7425C02D.JPEG
IMG_5791.JPG
isnt 16lb a bit heavy for just squidding? on my squid rod, I run 10lb at most because I get more casting distance but that's just me personally.

smokin_reels
Has liked: 308 times

Post by smokin_reels » Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:53 am

e.welch wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:45 pm

isnt 16lb a bit heavy for just squidding? on my squid rod, I run 10lb at most because I get more casting distance but that's just me personally.
More about diameter than breaking strength
There is always more to learn , fish to catch , places to see and friends to make.

luka
Has liked: 5 times

Post by luka » Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:16 am

smokin_reels wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:53 am
e.welch wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:45 pm

More about diameter than breaking strength
Exactly this, I use the same braid in a PE 1.0 for egi which is rated at a breaking strain of 23lbs

Andrews

Post by Andrews » Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:23 am

Yeah fair comments, and you're right about the PE diameter being the determining factor here.
The previous braid I ran was J-braid #0.8pe at 10lb, as opposed to the new Satliga braid at #0.8pe 16lb.

Some people would consider 16lb a little heavy for squid, but for the exact same diameter and weight, I couldn't go past the 16lb which has greater strength and is advertised to be a higher quality. I can cast plenty with this setup, but often prefer to keep is closer for the greater line sensitivity.

Return to “Show us your purchases”