Re: Show us your purchases!

Post by 4liters » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:31 pm

happyfriggincamper wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:25 pm
4liters wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:17 pm
Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:06 pm
Following up that epic boat gear purchase post with this little tackle box that came in from Aliexpress.

Part of trying to streamline my tackle storage and availability to fit into a waist bag I got that changed how I put together tackle for a session. Using it to sort and store jig heads and terminal tackle so I can just grab it and the relevant lure box and head out.

Started sorting jig heads and lure clips so far, will add swivels, hooks and whatever else I have space for

IMG_20200817_204301_compress29.jpg

IMG_20200818_114131_compress72.jpg
That looks cool, are you planning on taking it out on the water?
Yeah I'm pretty happy with it so far for $14 - it's small, waterproof and relatively customizable most of what I was looking for. Intent is to have it with me whether I'm out land or kayak based, fresh or salt. Not planning on losing much gear so hopefully won't be pulling it out much haha.

Having all the jig heads already feels like (is) a bit of unnecessary weight to carry - but previously I had them taking up a slot in a tackle box (now given back to lures). How they were organized regarding weight/hook size was just a mess, so this should be a bit more fluent finding the right size to re-rig.
It might be an idea to reduce the number of jigheads you keep in it, I've found that even with waterproof containers wet fingers are enough to get the rust setting in
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

happyfriggincamper
Has liked: 556 times

Post by happyfriggincamper » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:56 pm

4liters wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:31 pm
Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:25 pm
4liters wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:17 pm
Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:06 pm
Following up that epic boat gear purchase post with this little tackle box that came in from Aliexpress.

Part of trying to streamline my tackle storage and availability to fit into a waist bag I got that changed how I put together tackle for a session. Using it to sort and store jig heads and terminal tackle so I can just grab it and the relevant lure box and head out.

Started sorting jig heads and lure clips so far, will add swivels, hooks and whatever else I have space for

IMG_20200817_204301_compress29.jpg

IMG_20200818_114131_compress72.jpg
That looks cool, are you planning on taking it out on the water?
Yeah I'm pretty happy with it so far for $14 - it's small, waterproof and relatively customizable most of what I was looking for. Intent is to have it with me whether I'm out land or kayak based, fresh or salt. Not planning on losing much gear so hopefully won't be pulling it out much haha.

Having all the jig heads already feels like (is) a bit of unnecessary weight to carry - but previously I had them taking up a slot in a tackle box (now given back to lures). How they were organized regarding weight/hook size was just a mess, so this should be a bit more fluent finding the right size to re-rig.
It might be an idea to reduce the number of jigheads you keep in it, I've found that even with waterproof containers wet fingers are enough to get the rust setting in
Yeah good call, ill do that thanks for the advice

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:08 pm

Lockdown got me spending cash moneys
Attachments
Screenshot_20200823-230744_Gmail.jpg

cobby

Post by cobby » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:09 pm

So it finally arrived... And holy cow does it hold some gear! That's 4 3700 sized Plano trays in there, not pictured is a 3500 plano and a heap of plastic packets in 1 side pocket, more plastics and leaders in another side pocket with room to spare, more plastic packets in that zip lock folder you can just see on the top flap, AND it still has room for a 3600 sized Plano tray in the front pocket. Weight is manageable too at a tick under 8kg currently and quite comfortable with plenty of padding on the straps and back of the bag.

Oh and if anyone needs tackle trays, I've got the 4 brand spanking new Flambeau 5007 (same size as Plano 3700) trays that came with the bag surplus to my needs if anyone between Frankston and Dandy wants to part with a pineapple for them
Attachments
20200927_163859.jpg
20200927_162901.jpg
20200927_162922.jpg

meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Post by meppstas » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:29 am

Received my Mepps top up from France today.. :sr:
Black Fury & Aglia Fluo's.. (Medium).JPG
Bug spinners (Medium).JPG
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:32 am

Very nice Adrian!
I bet you can’t wait to use a few of those beauties 👍🏻

happyfriggincamper

Post by happyfriggincamper » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:47 pm

cobby wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:09 pm
So it finally arrived... And holy cow does it hold some gear! That's 4 3700 sized Plano trays in there, not pictured is a 3500 plano and a heap of plastic packets in 1 side pocket, more plastics and leaders in another side pocket with room to spare, more plastic packets in that zip lock folder you can just see on the top flap, AND it still has room for a 3600 sized Plano tray in the front pocket. Weight is manageable too at a tick under 8kg currently and quite comfortable with plenty of padding on the straps and back of the bag.

Oh and if anyone needs tackle trays, I've got the 4 brand spanking new Flambeau 5007 (same size as Plano 3700) trays that came with the bag surplus to my needs if anyone between Frankston and Dandy wants to part with a pineapple for them
So what's your system now to prepare/take gear on a trip? Is this just new centralized storage and you'll pick the boxes you need for the trip, or you envision taking the whole thing most times?

saph
Has liked: 4 times

Post by saph » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:50 pm

Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:47 pm
cobby wrote:

So what's your system now to prepare/take gear on a trip? Is this just new centralized storage and you'll pick the boxes you need for the trip, or you envision taking the whole thing most times?
My bet would be taking the whole lot as they basicly lose structure if not filled with the trays.

A bit of advice, dont go loading it to the top with sinkers and that trust me the weight is killer on your back, take what you need in a small amount no more and dont fall for your mind saying "oh i need 10 of this size and 20 of that size and 50 of a smaller size" take 5 to 10 max of each size to help keep it light.

cobby

Post by cobby » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:09 pm

Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:47 pm
cobby wrote:

Take it as is on most trips as I already have a centralised storage with trays aimed at differing species. That sort of weight hasn't been an issue for me any other time with much less back support in other bags. I only have less than a dozen of each weight jighead up to 1/4oz at a time which cuts a bit of weight out and don't needlessly take things aimed at different species to what I'm chasing. The gear inside it weighs only fractionally more than the actual bag itself.

happyfriggincamper

Post by happyfriggincamper » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:36 pm

These came in today:

Shimano SLX DC left hand baitcaster - was in the market for a 3rd baitcaster in my gear to handle lighter lure throwing. Was looking at Daiwa Fuego initially, but after checking out the SLX DC videos and reviews an extra $75ish seemed more than reasonable for the DC feature. Will probably spool with 20lb braid.

Ugly Stick Baitcaster rod 5103TRVH - wanted another BC rod to handle bigger surface lures, plastics and smaller swimbaits better than my current 2 rods. Didn't want to have to invest in a swimbait setup yet, so grabbed this rod due to its 68g upper range. Downside is the rod is a bigger beast then expected - will have sore arms/wrists from if used for long sessions for sure.

Lures - 95mm cutting edge tomahawks for river cod, 55mm for trolling in the barwon + a cod walloper
IMG_20200930_171635_compress43.jpg
MVIMG_20200930_171444_compress28.jpg
IMG_20200930_171237_compress68.jpg

Return to “Show us your purchases”