Show us your purchases!

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Re: Show us your purchases!

Post by purple5ive » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:24 am

Brett wrote:Got some new anchor rope for the Cod Trip.
IMG_0460.JPG
do they come in any other colour than white brett

MsShimano

Post by MsShimano » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:43 am

purple5ive wrote:well there you go, straight from the horses mouth. well said Ms Borch.
Might have to rethink my gear now, i parade around in pretty much Daiwa gear most times and havent got a single invite from them regarding sponsorship :rofl:
Might have to jump ship to shimano i think :o_0: :o_0: :o_0:

ps - J braid is quite a nice braid, not as round as some other expensive brands but its quite good, ive got it in 30lb multicolour and its very nice to use indeed.
Haha you just need to get talking with the right people (and being a girl helps as well!) I'm not saying that I get $$$$ worth of gear from them.. but a bit of merchandise here and there isn't a bad thing. I love the multi colour J braid I find it much smoother then Kakiri .. each to their own.. doesn't mean I can't enjoy a different brand..
Last edited by MsShimano on Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Of course I talk to my self while fishing.. sometimes I need expert advice! :fishing:

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:48 am

Just means you cannot publish photos with fish etc and other brand gear. Ozfish tv gained my respect because even though they can use any tackle they choose equipment that's affordable to everyone.

MsShimano

Post by MsShimano » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:01 am

rb85 wrote:Just means you cannot publish photos with fish etc and other brand gear. Ozfish tv gained my respect because even though they can use any tackle they choose equipment that's affordable to everyone.

Yep! Well I'm decked out in shimano gear this weekend at the whiting comp. I have a go pro hooked up to my rocket launcher in the boat. I have to take 3 videos and lots of pictures to feature on my Facebook page as well as Shimanos page. :)
Of course I talk to my self while fishing.. sometimes I need expert advice! :fishing:

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Brett » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:26 am

purple5ive wrote:
Brett wrote:Got some new anchor rope for the Cod Trip.
IMG_0460.JPG
do they come in any other colour than white brett

Nope only white. Although Frank has started stocking and selling Jerry Brown now, that comes in different colours.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:45 am

MsShimano wrote:
rb85 wrote:Just means you cannot publish photos with fish etc and other brand gear. Ozfish tv gained my respect because even though they can use any tackle they choose equipment that's affordable to everyone.

Yep! Well I'm decked out in shimano gear this weekend at the whiting comp. I have a go pro hooked up to my rocket launcher in the boat. I have to take 3 videos and lots of pictures to feature on my Facebook page as well as Shimanos page. :)
Hopefully you have a good comp.

As for purchases a few microjigs are on the shopping list.

dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Post by dazz999 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:54 pm

MsShimano wrote:
Kadmium wrote:Yeah makes sense. Just figured if you're a brand ambassador then you wouldn't use a direct competitor. I could understand having a non competitor brand but it's like being a ford racing car driver and having holden stickers on it. Just a bit strange. Anyways a bit off topic
It's taken a while to get into a sponsorship deal with Shimano, but once your foot is in the door it's easy.. I do love my shimano but I do like the j braid. Shimano doesn't need to know what I spool their reel with. Basically so far I have gotten stickers for my boat, hats, tackle bags, and fishing top for women to wear. Not many women are being sponsored by Shimano at the moment and what got them excited is the fact that I do a lot of comps and I am able to feature their merchandise in my pics and videos. I am doing the King of the 90 mile shark fishing comp in nov and have Shimano sponsoring our all girls team. We will be getting some Shimano Tiagras to try out and no doubt some other stuff. I don't want to stay off topic here but if anyone is interested PM me and I can give you more info on sponsorship. Cheers
i too like the j braid and for $26 buck,s cant go wrong ties nicely and strong it,s good to see shimano got on the same boat and bought out the kairiki for $29 bucks that,s what i,ve been buying of late cast,s very nice

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:35 pm

26 bucks? You must have bought the x4 which is not that great tbh.
The x8 is 35 minimum depending where you buy it.

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:49 pm

purple5ive wrote:26 bucks? You must have bought the x4 which is not that great tbh.
Screenshot_2017-03-03-18-48-46.png

dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Post by dazz999 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:18 am

purple5ive wrote:26 bucks? You must have bought the x4 which is not that great tbh.
nope anaconda on sale now

Return to “Show us your purchases”