Lang Lang Saturday 23 Nov

Warneet, Tooradin, Grantville, Stockyard Point, Lang Lang, Grantville, Koo Wee Rup Corinella, Coronet Bay, San Remo
WayneK

Lang Lang Saturday 23 Nov

Post by WayneK » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:44 am

Evening, Groovers,

I took my 2 boys down to Lang Lang for a Saturday night gummy session, last night. High tide was at 10.07 pm and we had a very gentle breeze - clear skies and no visible moon. The 3 of us had our lines in the water an hour before the high tide. We were running pulley rigs with 7/0 circle hooks baited with fresh squid. I couldn't believe that it had been 41 degrees a couple of days ago and, here we were, dressed like Sir Edmund Hilary and Tenzing Norgay. Geez, it was cool. We fished until 11.30 pm and didn't get a touch.

The only action for the night was the poor bugger next to us who decided to 'drone fish' with what I assume was an expensive piece of kit. First 'cast', he flies out about 100 metres and puts the drone into a hover. We then heard an audible alarm coming from the drone - low battery? Whatever it was, the drone slowly descended into the water! It was a sad sight seeing the red lights disappearing under the surface. We heard an expletive from the pilot who, about 15 minutes later, packed up and drove off. My 11 year old asked me why he simply didn't cast his line like us? All I could say was that Lang Lang is very, very shallow and the further out you get your bait, the better.

Cheers, Wayne

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Re: Lang Lang Saturday 23 Nov

Post by Kimtown » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:01 am

Droning in WP

What a world we live in

Kenle
Has liked: 214 times

Post by Kenle » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:28 am

Glad you had fun with the kids mate even if the fish didnt want to play. It couldn't be too expensive because the good ones would automatically fly back before batteries even run out, it's a built in fail safe feature. Sometimes I wonder if you could train a pelican to drop your bait out like a drone and go halves with the catch, can you imagine the look on them drone pilots face when you just rock up next to them with a big pelican sitting on your shoulder. :o_0:

Fishbref
Has liked: 41 times

Post by Fishbref » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:36 am

Bummer... Saw someone drown a hefty drone off Tathra wharf once; definitely a sinking feeling.

Return to “Warneet To San Remo”