Krakka Yakkaz first meet/comp

Warneet, Tooradin, Grantville, Stockyard Point, Lang Lang, Grantville, Koo Wee Rup Corinella, Coronet Bay, San Remo
cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Re: Krakka Yakkaz first meet/comp

Post by cheaterparts » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:48 am

4liters wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:08 pm

You're not allowed to send him a PM about getting anything made up until he's finished his current project though :tongue:
which project ? I have way to many unfinished as normal at least my new kayak trailer is a goer

as a matter of interest Ian I have been drawing up a new fishing ski to build - atm looking like 5.75 meters long 59 cm widest beam and around 20 kg to 22 kg in weight
should be quicker than the stealth - just need the time to start it

I've been sketching up a solo skiff as well - Winchbitch has bought plans for one and Eoins plug to make Fibre glass skiffs is coming along
Brett wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:00 pm
dazz999 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:21 pm
Great session what sort of prawn,s ?
Australian king prawns.
that was my problem I used banana prawn and only picked up under size gummies - 5 in total and an eagle ray that was a surprise with the water temps so low
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:28 am

cheaterparts wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:48 am
4liters wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:08 pm

You're not allowed to send him a PM about getting anything made up until he's finished his current project though :tongue:
which project ? I have way to many unfinished as normal at least my new kayak trailer is a goer

as a matter of interest Ian I have been drawing up a new fishing ski to build - atm looking like 5.75 meters long 59 cm widest beam and around 20 kg to 22 kg in weight
should be quicker than the stealth - just need the time to start it

I've been sketching up a solo skiff as well - Winchbitch has bought plans for one and Eoins plug to make Fibre glass skiffs is coming along

The new one going to be wood again?
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:25 am

Thats a great effort mate, well done!!

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:14 pm

Brett wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:02 pm
Headed over to Lang Lang for the first Krakka Yakkaz comp.
Turned out to be a very popular even with over 35 kayaks entered.

It was a cold but calm, early start albeit it a little uncomfortable as I forgot my kayak seat :down:

Was a bit slow on the fish front, I managed 2 gummies in the first 40mins of getting to my spot and after that it slowed down and I managed another 3 gummies over the next 3 hrs. Fish took a variety of baits 2 on fresh squid, 2 on prawn and 1 on fresh salmon.

Kept a 91cm and a 97cm for the freezer.

There are more photo's from others on the facebook page above.
Krakka post Brett.

And a Krakka of five Gummies. But what I was taken aback by, is just looking at the front of your Yak, what an awesome set up, even a boat would envy that.

Cheers, Bug

Return to “Warneet To San Remo”