Warneet pier

Warneet, Tooradin, Grantville, Stockyard Point, Lang Lang, Grantville, Koo Wee Rup Corinella, Coronet Bay, San Remo
rogs
Has liked: 1 time

Re: Warneet pier

Post by rogs » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:42 am

planning to wet my line there on boxing day.

cdrolly

Post by cdrolly » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:23 pm

Good luck Rogs... Let us know how you go?

rogs

Post by rogs » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:32 pm

i will thanks

rogs

Post by rogs » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:42 pm

wet my line as planned today (Boxing day) sad to say its a big donut better luck next time still heaps of small toadies and even mullets were not around.

cdrolly

Post by cdrolly » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:58 am

:borg: Bad Luck Rogs...if your like me its great just to be out regardless of fish or not... Catching a keeper is just a bonus better luck next time man.

rogs

Post by rogs » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:50 am

thanks rolly yeah i had a nice day with friends i brought along had breakfast in the shed then went to phillip island for lunch in the beach fishing
at the same time but same thing not even a bite and yeah we've enjoyed the nice weather.

kenenjee

Post by kenenjee » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:23 am

hey rogs, sad to read of your lack of catch cept toadies. My wife n I took off to Warneet Pier yesterday boxing day too, arrived abt 6pm supposedly the low tide for the day. Within half an hour or so we managed our 1st mullet (after our neighbour had caught his first one - mullet too). Then for the next hour and a half or so there must hv been abt 6 more that was caught among all those fishing there. There was also a moment when we were just abt to leave at 9pm (tiny little flies kept stinging us - damn nuisance) where there was an almighty shout n cuss, a result of one the guys rod, line n the lot got pulled into the river apparently by a shark. Was an unhappy fella, kept on fishing in the near full moon of the evening. Hope u'll hv better catches nxt time.

Lajon

Post by Lajon » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:39 pm

Seen some really nice KGW caught off that pier....... Always a good idea to have a line right under your feet at the end of the pier. No need to cast out when you have structure right below you. Toadies beyond annoying though....they are sometimes in plague numbers down there

rogs

Post by rogs » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:38 am

thanks buddies it looks like better to wet lines towards sunset yeah i'll try again next time :wink1:

Return to “Warneet To San Remo”