Gunners, Feb 23 - who's coming for a spin-orama

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Re: Gunners, Feb 23 - who's coming for a spin-orama

Post by Brett » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:09 pm

I can flick lures one handed, but no way I could cast a 40g slug 120m, 1 handed, doubt many people could really.

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:57 pm

Kenworth wrote:
Fish-cador wrote:that's how it is done! Single handed surf casting! Take her back in the surf to ease the pain.... :-)
Dont laugh , she pings the slugs as far as I do , with that rod , she's only sooking over the fatty I made her use beforehand !
Now is your opportunity mate. Give your present setup to your misses, get yerself a 9` catana or jewel, put on a 4000 size reel, sorted..

Kenworth

Post by Kenworth » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:43 pm

CarlG wrote:
Kenworth wrote:
Fish-cador wrote:that's how it is done! Single handed surf casting! Take her back in the surf to ease the pain.... :-)
Dont laugh , she pings the slugs as far as I do , with that rod , she's only sooking over the fatty I made her use beforehand !
Now is your opportunity mate. Give your present setup to your misses, get yerself a 9` catana or jewel, put on a 4000 size reel, sorted..
Not a bad Idea Carl , I will buy her her own , but she's not having mine :)

I rigged mine up for baits on a runnning sinker for the last long weekend, up at Lakes , and landed some great bream with it on the river bank. So I know it catches fish. And is a joy to use .

We are both looking forward to Gunners in winter , Its all been a learning exercise the last couple of months on how to work and feel the things , have caught zero so far on lures , but i feel we are getting the basics of it through practice :)
I Hate being bipolar , Its Great !

Return to “Gunnamatta Beach and The Back Beaches”