Gunners, Feb 23 - who's coming for a spin-orama

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Re: Gunners, Feb 23 - who's coming for a spin-orama

Post by Fish-cador » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:43 pm

will give gunners a pass until winter. that place has the poodoo curse. :-)
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:06 pm

Kenworth wrote:Got there just before dawn , had a 4 hr session , didnt bother moving around too much as feeling a bit lazy today , and the place was packed with surfers . Caught zip , but still enjoyed myself greatly . Gee the water was warm , had a great swim :) , and a great sunrise to boot ! Its all good practice , its only the 4th time ive used my new spinning rod and reel set , and it gets better each time , learning to use it. The mrs wanted to come too , she is completely spin fishing negative thoughts , ( bait is best ! ) . I rigged up my 8' snapper rod with light line and a 40g slug , for her to play with . The difference is amazing between the 2 sets in feel , and casting difference is like chalk and cheese . I was playing with this setup 3 months ago, before I bought my new setup , and I thought at the time that it felt fine.

Feels like a lead weighted wobble stick , no feel , poor casting length no matter how hard you try , as fat at the bottom and too light on top end. And is tireing to use . I gave the Mrs my one to try and she wouldnt give it back , Its so light and crisp in feel , and casts a beauty with ease. Now she wants one !

So thats not a bad thing , and will stop her bagging me out for wasteing my time trying useless lures. She had a ball , and whilst no fish , she took to it like a duck to water , cast as far as I did , and enjoyed the experience of trying to lure , rather than sit and wait bait :)
Excellent work...another convert to the light side of the force...

poodoo
Has liked: 2 times

Post by poodoo » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:38 am

Fish-cador wrote:will give gunners a pass until winter. that place has the poodoo curse. :-)
:lolf: It was all the bananna's I threw in the water since I knew you were coming later in the week! :icon_lolz:

soulstar
Has liked: 6 times

Post by soulstar » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:39 am

Well I just went down to Gunners on 24th of feb. (Sunday) To attack the Salmon. I parked in the first car park and veered to the left as I saw a rocky patch (100 metres) I set up and had 2 12ft rods 3 metres apart, using blue bait as the main attraction. I improvised on the burley side of things and chopped up a hand full at a time and mixed it with sand so when i threw it as a ball....it would go a fair distance. Still with all that preperation I did not seem to get a bite! I fished from 7pm till 9:00pm (the sunset was magical i might add)

Their was other fishermen another 300 metres from me to my left and i sent my brothers over to see if they had any luck but they too had no bites!

One thing i did notice was that on 3 or more occasions i would reel up to check on the bait after 10mins and it would have nothing on it. (Is it that a fish had taken it? or the current taken it?)

I know when somthing has taken my bait yet i saw no movement on the tip of my rod. I made sure the line was tight and not loose and i used a star sinker perfect for surf!

I just hope i did all the right things here so if any pro angler reads this and has a tip or where they thought i may have gone wrong please let me know!

cheers! :Bar:
Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.
(Master Baiter) ---Funny Yet True Fish Quote--- NOW....GO FISHING!!! ;]

Kenworth

Post by Kenworth » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:51 pm

CarlG wrote:
Kenworth wrote:Got there just before dawn , had a 4 hr session , didnt bother moving around too much as feeling a bit lazy today , and the place was packed with surfers . Caught zip , but still enjoyed myself greatly . Gee the water was warm , had a great swim :) , and a great sunrise to boot ! Its all good practice , its only the 4th time ive used my new spinning rod and reel set , and it gets better each time , learning to use it. The mrs wanted to come too , she is completely spin fishing negative thoughts , ( bait is best ! ) . I rigged up my 8' snapper rod with light line and a 40g slug , for her to play with . The difference is amazing between the 2 sets in feel , and casting difference is like chalk and cheese . I was playing with this setup 3 months ago, before I bought my new setup , and I thought at the time that it felt fine.

Feels like a lead weighted wobble stick , no feel , poor casting length no matter how hard you try , as fat at the bottom and too light on top end. And is tireing to use . I gave the Mrs my one to try and she wouldnt give it back , Its so light and crisp in feel , and casts a beauty with ease. Now she wants one !

So thats not a bad thing , and will stop her bagging me out for wasteing my time trying useless lures. She had a ball , and whilst no fish , she took to it like a duck to water , cast as far as I did , and enjoyed the experience of trying to lure , rather than sit and wait bait :)
Excellent work...another convert to the light side of the force...
Yeah mate , she was having a mini sook about her sore arm today lol , but we had a great time.
Attachments
Fishing 006 (403 x 435).jpg
Fishing 006 (403 x 435).jpg (36.54 KiB) Viewed 439 times
Fishing 005 (484 x 499).jpg
Fishing 005 (484 x 499).jpg (45.39 KiB) Viewed 439 times
I Hate being bipolar , Its Great !

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:06 pm

that's how it is done! Single handed surf casting! Take her back in the surf to ease the pain.... :-)
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

Master-pro

Post by Master-pro » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:12 pm

Thanks for the lure Fc, I went on to snap that on off too :lol:
PB- Snapper 55cm, Whiting 38cm, Flathead 55cm, Bream 38cm, Australian Salmon 55cm, Carp 80cm

Kenworth

Post by Kenworth » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:51 pm

Fish-cador wrote:that's how it is done! Single handed surf casting! Take her back in the surf to ease the pain.... :-)
Dont laugh , she pings the slugs as far as I do , with that rod , she's only sooking over the fatty I made her use beforehand !
I Hate being bipolar , Its Great !

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:59 pm

I am not laughing. Casting one handed is a thing for the experts. Not many can do that. Many have tried and believe me, I saw some of them lose their rods showing off their "skills" flicking lures with one hand. The cure for sore muscles is to stretch them again and again and again.
====
Words of wisdom:
====

poodoo
Has liked: 2 times

Post by poodoo » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:01 pm

i can't cast for crap single handed.......so good on her!

The water looks good, nice and clean, clear.......just need to add some salmon to the mix......

Return to “Gunnamatta Beach and The Back Beaches”