Gunna today

soulstar
Has liked: 6 times

Re: Gunna today

Post by soulstar » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:36 pm

Well I just went down to Gunners on 24th of feb. (Sunday) To attack the Salmon. I parked in the first car park and veered to the left as I saw a rocky patch (100 metres) I set up and had 2 12ft rods 3 metres apart, using blue bait as the main attraction. I improvised on the burley side of things and chopped up a hand full at a time and mixed it with sand so when i threw it as a ball....it would go a fair distance. Still with all that preperation I did not seem to get a bite! I fished from 7pm till 9:00pm (the sunset was magical i might add)

Their was other fishermen another 300 metres from me to my left and i sent my brothers over to see if they had any luck but they too had no bites!

One thing i did notice was that on 3 or more occasions i would reel up to check on the bait after 10mins and it would have nothing on it. (Is it that a fish had taken it? or the current taken it?)

I know when somthing has taken my bait yet i saw no movement on the tip of my rod. I made sure the line was tight and not loose and i used a star sinker perfect for surf!

I just hope i did all the right things here so if any pro angler reads this and has a tip or where they thought i may have gone wrong please let me know!

cheers!
Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.
(Master Baiter) ---Funny Yet True Fish Quote--- NOW....GO FISHING!!! ;]

soulstar
Has liked: 6 times

Re: Gunna today

Post by soulstar » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:42 pm

Well I just went down to Gunners on 24th of feb. (Sunday) To attack the Salmon. I parked in the first car park and veered to the left as I saw a rocky patch (100 metres) I set up and had 2 12ft rods 3 metres apart, using blue bait as the main attraction. I improvised on the burley side of things and chopped up a hand full at a time and mixed it with sand so when i threw it as a ball....it would go a fair distance. Still with all that preperation I did not seem to get a bite! I fished from 7pm till 9:00pm (the sunset was magical i might add)

Their was other fishermen another 300 metres from me to my left and i sent my brothers over to see if they had any luck but they too had no bites!

One thing i did notice was that on 3 or more occasions i would reel up to check on the bait after 10mins and it would have nothing on it. (Is it that a fish had taken it? or the current taken it?)

I know when somthing has taken my bait yet i saw no movement on the tip of my rod. I made sure the line was tight and not loose and i used a star sinker perfect for surf!

I just hope i did all the right things here so if any pro angler reads this and has a tip or where they thought i may have gone wrong please let me know!

cheers! :sun:
Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.
(Master Baiter) ---Funny Yet True Fish Quote--- NOW....GO FISHING!!! ;]

Return to “Gunnamatta Beach and The Back Beaches”