How's gunners fishing these days

FishnMiss
Has liked: 10 times

Re: How's gunners fishing these days

Post by FishnMiss » Mon May 25, 2015 8:44 pm

Headed down to Gunners this arvo & got there at 3.45. Got my stuff together & headed excitedly down to the beach. Started chucking lures and moved away from the stairs about 250 metres. Was using my new Katana with Solstice reel & 12Lb braid & a baitfish 50gm lure. About 15 mins in my bail arm flips over as the lure was about 40 metres away, twang. I watch it sail into the surf. #@$#@¥#@ Anyway get another one and off we go again. About 30 mins later same thing Aaargh. Dig in the bag whew one more a 60gm Gilies glow in the dark baitfish brand new with treble. Quickly & nervously put it on and off we go. By this stage the master pro Carl walks by & I casually say hi, Like I know what I'm doing Yeah riight. I got to meet Dougie & Adam (who already had runs on the board). They headed off towards rocks while I pretended I was on top of things. Next thing a bloke next to me gets a hit so I reckon lets get in there & Oh baby it was game on. The salmon tried to throw the hook, it jumped out the surf twice trying to get free. I just kept the tip up and gently played towards me using the waves to hrlp me get it to shore, then I carefully walked backwards to get it away from the surf. The fish had seriously hammered the lure and was way down its throat. What made it worse was I forgot my long nose fish pliers at home so I wrestled the poor fish for a few minutes & spiked myself a few times. Any I got that one it was 55 cm and around 2kg's. Nice big n fat.
Attachments
IMG_20150525_194528.jpg
" For Evil to triumph, all that Good people have to do is - Nothing "

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Mon May 25, 2015 8:49 pm

Fish of the night in my opinion. So cool when they jump for you!

Get yourself a couple of surface lures mate.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 91

Longtail : 1

Scraglor
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Scraglor » Mon May 25, 2015 8:52 pm

Cracker sambo mate! Will take a bit of beating haha

raco09
Has liked: 3 times

Post by raco09 » Mon May 25, 2015 8:57 pm

Well done mate. See I mention gunners and the fish turn up. Lolololol :thumbsup:
To fish or not to fish...NOT TO FISH ??Yea...like that's even an option !

FishnMiss

Post by FishnMiss » Mon May 25, 2015 9:28 pm

DougieK wrote:Fish of the night in my opinion. So cool when they jump for you!

Get yourself a couple of surface lures mate.
What would you suggest?
" For Evil to triumph, all that Good people have to do is - Nothing "

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Mon May 25, 2015 9:36 pm

FishnMiss wrote:Headed down to Gunners this arvo & got there at 3.45. Got my stuff together & headed excitedly down to the beach. Started chucking lures and moved away from the stairs about 250 metres. Was using my new Katana with Solstice reel & 12Lb braid & a baitfish 50gm lure. About 15 mins in my bail arm flips over as the lure was about 40 metres away, twang. I watch it sail into the surf. #@$#@¥#@ Anyway get another one and off we go again. About 30 mins later same thing Aaargh. Dig in the bag whew one more a 60gm Gilies glow in the dark baitfish brand new with treble. Quickly & nervously put it on and off we go. By this stage the master pro Carl walks by & I casually say hi, Like I know what I'm doing Yeah riight. I got to meet Dougie & Adam (who already had runs on the board). They headed off towards rocks while I pretended I was on top of things. Next thing a bloke next to me gets a hit so I reckon lets get in there & Oh baby it was game on. The salmon tried to throw the hook, it jumped out the surf twice trying to get free. I just kept the tip up and gently played towards me using the waves to hrlp me get it to shore, then I carefully walked backwards to get it away from the surf. The fish had seriously hammered the lure and was way down its throat. What made it worse was I forgot my long nose fish pliers at home so I wrestled the poor fish for a few minutes & spiked myself a few times. Any I got that one it was 55 cm and around 2kg's. Nice big n fat.
Good report. loved the script.

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Mon May 25, 2015 10:20 pm

Don't believe anything you read wooly....they are myths. Lol
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

poodoo
Has liked: 2 times

Post by poodoo » Mon May 25, 2015 10:23 pm

Fish-cador wrote:Don't believe anything you read wooly....they are myths. Lol
Good report guys..... :a_goodjob:

myth busted! Lol

bigdan91

Post by bigdan91 » Tue May 26, 2015 7:42 am

Awesome fun down there last night. Met up with Carl as I was walking down the beach and then right after he headed off towards the rocks I was on! Lost another at my feet right after that. Then it went quiet for a while but I met rocko? and his son and we got a few more between us. Every time I went to scale and gut my fish they were on so I had to charge back down and cast in! Was good meeting Dougie and a few others too on their walk back.

Very glad to get my first fish at gunnamatta!
Attachments
gunna3.jpg
gunna2.jpg
gunna1.jpg

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Tue May 26, 2015 7:45 am

The two that MrG and I have been cleaning up on are 2oz richter plugs and halco roosta 105's. Replace the trebs with 4/0 singles. Watching a sambo jump a clear metre out of the water when it hits your popper is freaking insance.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 91

Longtail : 1

Return to “Gunnamatta Beach and The Back Beaches”