Quick Gunners session..

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Re: Quick Gunners session..

Post by CarlG » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:46 am

Brett wrote:I'm guessing the "pommy accent" guy, will have been CarlG, from this forum.
You are Nostrodamus in disguise Brett...
Yeah, that was me CrazyChenski..nice to meet you mate..
Carl..

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:35 am

CrazyChenski wrote: Including one nice gentlement (with pommy accent) told me about the just sized salmon near the 1st rock near Point Schank..... If you are in this forum, nice to meet you !
you forgot to mention nice gentleman on "board shorts and surprisingly carrying a bait box while spinning lures".

That "first rock" towards Cape Schank is 2km away from the car park. Try going there with buckets, rod holders, a dozen 4oz sinkers and stuff like that and you will be stuffed by the time you get there. Hook and keep your limit of fish and you will be crawling on the way back to the car park. That place is good for spinners who hit the beach as light as possible (like Carl). Not many bait soakers go there.
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

CarlG

Post by CarlG » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:47 am

Fish-cador wrote:
CrazyChenski wrote: Including one nice gentlement (with pommy accent) told me about the just sized salmon near the 1st rock near Point Schank..... If you are in this forum, nice to meet you !
you forgot to mention nice gentleman on "board shorts and surprisingly carrying a bait box while spinning lures".

That "first rock" towards Cape Schank is 2km away from the car park. Try going there with buckets, rod holders, a dozen 4oz sinkers and stuff like that and you will be stuffed by the time you get there. Hook and keep your limit of fish and you will be crawling on the way back to the car park. That place is good for spinners who hit the beach as light as possible (like Carl). Not many bait soakers go there.
Exactly correct mate, I do have a bait box of sorts, a small burley bucket on a belt. To be used only once I`ve found where the fish are, to try and hold them in place...chook pellets in tuna oil. To be truthful, I think it`s more pyschological than actually effective. Other than that, light as poss, (yes, boardies and thongs, as CrazyChenski saw yesterday, probably thought, "idiot"..)
I do see the odd bait fisho up there, mostly older, more experienced blokes, like the Dutch guy, or the Japanese bloke who was there yesterday.
Carl..
PS, I`m not in any way at all denegrating bait fisho`s, I bait fish and lure fish depending on what I`m after, and the prevailing conditions.
Carl..

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:45 am

CarlG wrote:
Fish-cador wrote:

Exactly correct mate, I do have a bait box of sorts, a small burley bucket on a belt. To be used only once I`ve found where the fish are, to try and hold them in place...chook pellets in tuna oil. To be truthful, I think it`s more pyschological than actually effective. Other than that, light as poss, (yes, boardies and thongs, as CrazyChenski saw yesterday, probably thought, "idiot"..)
I do see the odd bait fisho up there, mostly older, more experienced blokes, like the Dutch guy, or the Japanese bloke who was there yesterday.
Carl..
PS, I`m not in any way at all denegrating bait fisho`s, I bait fish and lure fish depending on what I`m after, and the prevailing conditions.
Carl..
It is actually a good way of building up one's own physical fitness. :doh1:

the more often you do it, the easier it becomes.

CrazyChenski

Post by CrazyChenski » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:56 pm

loL.... Thanks Carl, But you were right though, I do feel like idiot carry so much stuff, but what can you say when you have two mate tagging along. One was a long time Surf fishing form Perth (who only believes in bait fishing), and one short little girl who can't into water and cast.... so I'm stuck with carry all those stuff and bait fishing...... I might join you boys next week (if weather permits and if Wife is visiting in law and let me get out to fish) .......

I talked to that group of japanese and dutch people, they only got about 4 sambo between 5 of them, so looks liek they aren't having that much either ......

CarlG

Post by CarlG » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:46 pm

Had a sesh down at Gunners this morning, caught a few sambo`s up to 800grams, got smoked twice, second time was the first time I`ve never got any headway on a salmon, did not get any line on him, picked up the lure, shook it, ran, shook it again, ran, spat it...strong, strong fish..
All switched off around mid-day...but had a ball, not loads of fish, but a much better standard than last week..
Carl..

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:09 pm

nah, admit it carl. You landed that big one and you are now leading the comp. That is why the comp suddenly ended. LOL.

Lucky you!. I only caught 2 tiny salmon in the local pier this afternoon.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

CarlG

Post by CarlG » Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:15 pm

Fish-cador wrote:nah, admit it carl. You landed that big one and you are now leading the comp. That is why the comp suddenly ended. LOL.

Lucky you!. I only caught 2 tiny salmon in the local pier this afternoon.
I wish mate...it was good, was a totally different scenario to last saturday..much better fish on offer..
Which pier were you fishing..?

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:23 pm

just the closest - lagoon pier and Kerferd pier
====
Words of wisdom:
====

Return to “Gunnamatta Beach and The Back Beaches”