Spring gummy

Point Lonsdale Pier, Lorne, Barwon Heads, Torquay, Aireys Inlet, Angelsea, Ocean Grove
Matty H

Spring gummy

Post by Matty H » Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:16 pm

Took my daughter’s boyfriend out for a fish off torquay today. Trolled some bibbed lures along the 40m line after seeing birds working, but was simply huge numbers of dolphins smashing bait. Saw large schools of fish on the sounder, stopped and sent down baits. First couple of fish were gurnards, then I solidly hooked up with a much better fish. The young fella hooked up at the same time. Up came 2 gummies, mine pushing 4 ft, his about 40cm… of course they managed to spin around each other all the way up, making for a spectacular tangle…
Once untangled and the little gummy sent on his way to grow bigger could only catch more gurnards… The daughter messaged us to come and get her after a decent sleep in, so pushed back to fishos, loaded her and did some amazing dolphin sight-seeing before trying for kgw’s off the fishos point. Could not raise one, but the kids wore out catching mackerel, salmon and mullet on light gear.
All up highly rated day, marred only by my beach retrieve skid breaking, crap. Was still serviceable enough to spin around and lift the boat enough to back the trailer under it. Time to make a new improved version anyway.
Cheers, Mat.
Attachments
8A385B96-2566-4DDA-B5DB-852AF1962D68.png
8A385B96-2566-4DDA-B5DB-852AF1962D68.png (178.42 KiB) Viewed 1065 times

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Re: Spring gummy

Post by Nude up » Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:38 pm

Sounds like a great day out

Return to “Point Lonsdale to Lorne”