Barwon Heads estuary offers variety

Point Lonsdale Pier, Lorne, Barwon Heads, Torquay, Aireys Inlet, Angelsea, Ocean Grove
Breamster

Barwon Heads estuary offers variety

Post by Breamster » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:05 am

Anyone looking to catch some trevallys, breams, ludericks or mullets should head down Barwon Heads.

There are heaps of mullets & Juvi salmons. These fish are very easy to catch & should be alot of fun for the kids. Just remember to release under size salmons.

Trevallys upto 40cm are being caught on chicken, pilchard & prawns. A fellow angler caught 8 trevallys last week & 6 yesterday. He even caught a small pinky snapper ~32cm.

The ludericks are firing up in the estuary & they are on steroid. There are so many of them in the river this year. catch them if you can.

Breams up to 45cm are also available, if you can find them.

Fished at my favorite spot on the bank of the river yesterday from around 8:30am to 1:30pm. It was overcast, light wind & a few showers at times then cleared to a fine day.
Caught 1/2 dozen ludericks, 1 bream, 1 trevally and a dozen mullets.
Attachments
Barwon Heads 18.11.12.jpg
Barwon Heads 18.11.12.jpg (213.72 KiB) Viewed 689 times

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Re: Barwon Heads estuary offers variety

Post by Fish-cador » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:38 am

nice 1 breamster. how i wish that place is close to me. Not many anglers share their location. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

VooDoo
Has liked: 165 times

Post by VooDoo » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:18 am

My hats off to you breamster for sharing the info with us.

Great catch too.

Have fished at Barwon Head before and it was one of the best session I had fishing landbased. There was a great variety of fishes and the actions was either none stop at time or a regular interval. Love the place but a bit of a drive from the eastern side of Melbourne. But given your report, will definitely try to get there one day soon.

"VooDoo .... WhoDoo .... YouDoo .... VooDoo" The Bug (Bugatti) S.A. [2019]

Berto Pescatore

Post by Berto Pescatore » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:24 am

Well done Breamster ... I like your posts mate

Although Barwon Heads is a bit of drive, even for those who live in the western sub's, but still it makes a good location that the one can try it from time to time.

Return to “Point Lonsdale to Lorne”