Bender's Redfin Challenge (read Competition)!!!!

Trout, Redfin, Salmonoids, Carp etc
gilly35

Re: Bender's Redfin Challenge (read Competition)!!!!

Post by gilly35 » Thu May 30, 2013 1:36 pm

Absolutely love this comp you have going here is it too Kate to join since I am only new to the forum? My local creek is full of big reddies. Cheers :)

Nitro

Post by Nitro » Thu May 30, 2013 4:27 pm

Im an idiot :lol: Yeah been getting reds and trout lately. That one though like all the others iv been catching had underdeveloped eggs in it. Probably just 50 grams of them max. Im putting it down to the prolonged hot spell we had over summer into autumn with the water being so warm for so long. A delayed messed up spawning. Conditions didn't trigger a proper one. At easter the few that I did catch were warm to the touch when they came out of the water.

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Thu May 30, 2013 4:35 pm

I think Nitro's reddie should be included in the comp. You can tell it hasn't been in the freezer for 3 months and he did have pics of it before it was gutted. Also he is the only one to post a pic with the code word "fun". I think it should be included in the comp. :nicefish!:

Cheers Steve
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

MrI-fish

Post by MrI-fish » Thu May 30, 2013 10:54 pm

No he is not the only one. On the entries page I have submitted an entry with the codeword etc. Having obeyed all the rules. Will have to go fishing again though.

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk 2

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Fri May 31, 2013 1:43 am

gilly35 wrote:Absolutely love this comp you have going here is it too Kate to join since I am only new to the forum? My local creek is full of big reddies. Cheers :)
You are fine as you are already eligible. Please check out the loinks below ( different comps) Your codeword is 'fun'.

viewtopic.php?f=100&t=3384" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

viewtopic.php?f=100&t=4088&p=47514#p47514" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

At this point I have no choice but to follow the rule regarding excluding 'gutted' fish. I am sorry. I have PM'd nitro and he understands. Also it is not over yet :D Still a chance for all and I may not even get a chance to go. If anyone has any problems please pm me.

thanks
Jim
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

Nitro

Post by Nitro » Fri May 31, 2013 10:40 am

Thanks Steve, was a legit catch but I stuffed up. Even if it was granted I reckon most blokes here, if not all, wouldn't give me the time of day after that, some don't anyway :lol: which kinda shatters me :rofl: not. But nah I didn't obey the rules. Sheesh hope no-one thought I was trying a shifty, though most probably will, knowing how peoples minds work these days so in that light I wont enter any other comps on this site again. As I reckon if I did Id get @#$% bagged badly as a cheat. Have a good one mate.

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Fri May 31, 2013 11:21 am

Nobody thinks you are shifty Nitro, you just weren't aware of the rules. There is nothing stopping you from entering any of the comps on this forum. You will be accepted. You were not the only one unaware of the rules!
thanks
Jim
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

slotzz

Post by slotzz » Fri May 31, 2013 11:28 am

Nitro wrote:Sheesh hope no-one thought I was trying a shifty, though most probably will, knowing how peoples minds work these days so in that light I wont enter any other comps on this site again. As I reckon if I did Id get @#$% bagged badly as a cheat. Have a good one mate.
Honest mistake, understandable, especially if you hadn't already seen the competition beforehand. Don't let this stop you from entering more, the more competition the better. Makes everyone more eager to get out there and try catch one better than the last :thumbsup:

Now to try find time to even get my line wet, let alone hook a reddie. Damn work, birthdays and other bull :down:

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Post by davek » Fri May 31, 2013 4:37 pm

Keep going Nitro, don't let this little hiccup stop you from entering comps, cheers davo :thumbsup:
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

MrI-fish

Post by MrI-fish » Fri May 31, 2013 11:55 pm

I wasn't calling you a cheat. Great fish caught fair and square but just needed to learn the rules. I was more worried that your mate didn't know there was an entry. All good. Wouldn't mind knowing your spot though.

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk 2

Return to “Other Species”