Malmsbury-Post lockdown trip-Redux

Trout, Redfin, Salmonoids, Carp etc
TheNix
Has liked: 33 times

Malmsbury-Post lockdown trip-Redux

Post by TheNix » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:44 am

I spent yesterday afternoon fishing the Malmsbury reservoir at Kyneton and it did not let me down. I got ten carp ranging from 30cm to 55cm and lost several others. As usual, corn was the best bait accounting for the majority of the fish, but the two biggest were caught on worms from my backyard. Not even a touch on scrub worms or maggots.
Last edited by TheNix on Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: Malmsbury - Post lockdown trip

Post by Lightningx » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:50 am

Sounds like a great session mate.
Cheers 👍🏻

Seniorfisho
Has liked: 797 times

Post by Seniorfisho » Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:08 pm

TheNix wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:44 am
I spent yesterday afternoon fishing the Malmsbury reservoir at Kyneton and it did not let me down. I got ten carp ranging from 30cm to 55cm and lost several others. As usual, corn was the best bait accounting for the majority of the fish, but the two biggest were caught on worms from my backyard. Not even a touch on scrub worms or maggots.
There are some huge Tench in there as well, well done

Charles7
Has liked: 98 times

Post by Charles7 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:02 pm

Well done, I'm keen to get back to the Kyneton area in the next few weeks myself.

TheNix

Post by TheNix » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:28 am

Thanks guys, it way a good afternoon fishing and great to get out of town. All the Kyneton lakes are nice and full, so there is plenty of water to go round. I was surprised that I was the only person fishing in the area and the only other person I saw was someone walking a dog. The Upper Coliban was probably busy though.

TheNix

Re: Malmsbury-Post lockdown trip-Redux

Post by TheNix » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:50 am

With plenty of leftover bait left from my previous trip and another free afternoon, I took another run to the Malmsbury on Saturday. In many ways it was a carbon-copy of the previous trip with another ten carp landed, but this time it was the scrub worms that did the damage rather than the corn. Fishing is strange like that sometimes!

Tinca

Post by Tinca » Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:33 am

Seniorfisho wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:08 pm
TheNix wrote:
I know I'm responding to an old post but are the big tench still in Malsbury since carp numbers increased? If so any tips on locating and catching them would be most welcome.

Seniorfisho
Has liked: 797 times

Post by Seniorfisho » Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:09 am

Tinca wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:33 am
Seniorfisho wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:08 pm
TheNix wrote:
I know I'm responding to an old post but are the big tench still in Malsbury since carp numbers increased? If so any tips on locating and catching them would be most welcome.
It's been years since i caught a tench there but I reckon they are still in there. I used to get them on scrubworms fished on the bottom

TheNix

Re: Malmsbury-Post lockdown trip-Redux

Post by TheNix » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:16 am

I've not seen a tench in the Malmsbury for a very long time. Roach, yes, but not tench.

Return to “Other Species”