Trout and Redfin Fishing

Trout, Redfin, Salmonoids, Carp etc
mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Trout and Redfin Fishing

Post by mazman » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:57 pm

Hey guys,

Just uploaded a new vid to youtube, chasing trout and redfin on the cast from the kayak. Had some pretty cool takes on the bent minnow but it wasn't until the switch to jerkbaits was made that any solid connections were made. I hope you enjoy watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq_movby5PY

Cheers Alex
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

Tim399
Has liked: 252 times

Re: Trout and Redfin Fishing

Post by Tim399 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:35 pm

mazman wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:57 pm
Hey guys,

Just uploaded a new vid to youtube, chasing trout and redfin on the cast from the kayak. Had some pretty cool takes on the bent minnow but it wasn't until the switch to jerkbaits was made that any solid connections were made. I hope you enjoy watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq_movby5PY

Cheers Alex
Looks like an exciting session Maz, well done :tu: I have read that targeting wind lanes on lakes is productive, have you found that to be the case at all? at the end of the video I was glad 4d television isn’t around yet :rf:

mazman

Post by mazman » Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:56 pm

Thanks tim, I've targeted wind lanes a bit but can't really say if it fishes any better than the areas in between them. I think it's more if one or two larger wind lanes from rather than multiple small ones.

Tim399
Has liked: 252 times

Post by Tim399 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:02 pm

mazman wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:56 pm
Thanks tim, I've targeted wind lanes a bit but can't really say if it fishes any better than the areas in between them. I think it's more if one or two larger wind lanes from rather than multiple small ones.
It might be one of those things that make sense in theory, but if the fish aren’t following the lanes they just aren't following the lanes! Good stuff

mazman

Post by mazman » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:46 pm

Tim399 wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:02 pm
mazman wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:56 pm
It might be one of those things that make sense in theory, but if the fish aren’t following the lanes they just aren't following the lanes! Good stuff
My experience with wind lanes has been a wind lane every 10m or so, the trout probably do stack up along them especially in lakes with a high number of small aquatic bugs but when they are this close together you have to actively try not to fish them to not put your lure in the zone. Probably a benefit to casting your lure directly along them but I can't say I've actually noticed it

Return to “Other Species”