Redfin locations in Melbourne's east

Trout, Redfin, Salmonoids, Carp etc
Bugatti

Re: Redfin locations in Melbourne's east

Post by Bugatti » Sat May 23, 2020 5:54 pm

sasquatch972 wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 2:49 pm
Went to rowville a couple of times within the last week with no results, didnt see any activity either. Plenty of people fishing though.
might give FTG Quarry a shot.
ducky wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 3:00 pm
Why are you going to travel to chase reddies

There’s some wicked other species to be had that will readily take lures and give a better fight.

One of my posts from last year
Bugatti wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:37 pm

My Daughter has caught all a sundrie, even an 8 kg Snapper

She is 17 now and still loves catching Toadies

, , , , the simple pleasures.

My Daughter has caught heaps of fish. Larger Snapper (and more) than most of my mates. Her PB Snapper is an 8 kg Stonka (not the Snapper in the photo)

Snap Snap.JPG

But she would much prefer to catch Toadies, those humble Puffers :-D

Me, my go to fishing session is a simple session plucking Gar out of the Briney :tu:

The Fishing Heart wants what the Fishing Heart wants :wt:

Cheers, Gargatti

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Sat May 23, 2020 7:03 pm

Redfin should be treated just like carp.
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Sat May 23, 2020 8:21 pm

ducky wrote:
With all due respect. Why are you going to travel to chase reddies which are 1) not known to be a good size in melbournes east and 2) just a **** fish to actually catch.

There’s some wicked other species to be had that will readily take lures and give a better fight.
Wow if only you knew what was on our doorstep :wt:
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Sat May 23, 2020 11:16 pm

Boonanza wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 8:21 pm
ducky wrote:
With all due respect. Why are you going to travel to chase reddies which are 1) not known to be a good size in melbournes east and 2) just a **** fish to actually catch.

Not sure about over there in Victoria but across here in South Australia, we have Barramundi on our doorstep.

It isn't widely known that you can get Barramundi here in little Ol South Oz. We try to keep it to ourselves otherwise we'd have a big influx of Barramundi Enthusiasts overcrowding all the locations that Barramundi are found over here. You just have to have a look at Snapper in SA. People come from far a field for our Snapper.

But the Barramundi here in South Australia is a well kept secret.

I get mine from The Saigon Gate in O'Connell Street, North Adelaide (a quaint Asian Restaurant, the owners are lovely people , , , , the new owners and the previous owners)

And yep, Barramundi at my doorstep :tu:

ubug eats.JPG

Cheers, Ubug Eats

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Sun May 24, 2020 1:03 am

Bugatti wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 11:16 pm
Boonanza wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 8:21 pm
ducky wrote:

Not sure about over there in Victoria but across here in South Australia, we have Barramundi on our doorstep.

It isn't widely known that you can get Barramundi here in little Ol South Oz. We try to keep it to ourselves otherwise we'd have a big influx of Barramundi Enthusiasts overcrowding all the locations that Barramundi are found over here. You just have to have a look at Snapper in SA. People come from far a field for our Snapper.

But the Barramundi here in South Australia is a well kept secret.

I get mine from The Saigon Gate in O'Connell Street, North Adelaide (a quaint Asian Restaurant, the owners are lovely people , , , , the new owners and the previous owners)

And yep, Barramundi at my doorstep :tu:

ubug eats.JPG

Cheers, Ubug Eats
You bugger, you had me going

Seniorfisho
Has liked: 797 times

Post by Seniorfisho » Sun May 24, 2020 7:06 am

ducky wrote:

That's a bit harsh, poor bloke just wants to catch a Redfin, but I understand what you're getting at

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Sun May 24, 2020 7:30 am

Seniorfisho wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 7:06 am
ducky wrote:

That's a bit harsh, poor bloke just wants to catch a Redfin, but I understand what you're getting at
It all comes down to people’s perspective I don’t enjoy catching Redfin as they are always by-catch targeting other species. Some people love catching them each to their own.

It’s like bait vs lures vs fly, salt vs fresh, WesternPort vs PortPhillip as long as your happy doing your thing that’s all that matters.

Who am I kidding WesternPort ***** all over Port Phillip any day of the week.
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Sun May 24, 2020 12:02 pm

The Mysteries of The Lochness Monster (who's Sister I think might be my Mother in-law), The Yeti, The Yowie, UFOs, Harold Holt's disappearance, JFK & the Grassy Knoll might have to remain unsolved , , , ,

BUT

I think I may have unearthed the secret of The Sasquatch

From the "Best fish to Eat" Thread
Boonanza wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 11:30 am
I don't eat much fish but I think Reddies would be No1 freshwater
Seb85 wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 12:41 pm
Agree with redfin! Great freshwater fish to eat.
trout-hunter wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 6:45 pm
Redfin definitely hits number 1 on my list

My advice , , , , Seb is a Wiz with his tasty recipes, now Seb doesn't deliver BUT he might do some "in home" cooking displays for you :-D

Cheers, Bugatti , , , , loving Reddies more and more :tu:

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Sun May 24, 2020 6:44 pm

Seniorfisho wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 7:06 am
ducky wrote:

Wasn’t meant to be harsh. Certainly not at OP anyway. I don’t particularly care what redfin think of my opinions.

I’ve got a 50cm reddy and another dozen in the 40’s under my belt. Reckon between them all around 3m of string have been pulled.

Considering how many of our lakes have EP and yellas for example there’s so much better species on offer for the same effort.

Sebb
Has liked: 3001 times

Post by Sebb » Sun May 24, 2020 8:40 pm

Bugatti wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 12:02 pm

Seb doesn't deliver BUT he might do some "in home" cooking displays for you :-D

Cheers, Bugatti , , , , loving Reddies more and more :tu:
:rf:
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe