lures for trout

Trout, Redfin, Salmonoids, Carp etc
sasquatch972
Has liked: 22 times

Re: lures for trout

Post by sasquatch972 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:33 pm

meppstas wrote:Here in Tassie I use the Mepps Black Fury's and Bug spinners through out the trout season and have found them quite good. Also CD1 Rapala's in the rainbow & trout patterns. I only fish the rivers and streams here though, rarely fish the lakes.
cheers
Adrian

ive been using Rapala CD-3's of late, just saw today that CD-1's existed so im gonna get one rather soon and give that a whurl...

meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Post by meppstas » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:38 pm

sasquatch972 wrote:
meppstas wrote:Here in Tassie I use the Mepps Black Fury's and Bug spinners through out the trout season and have found them quite good. Also CD1 Rapala's in the rainbow & trout patterns. I only fish the rivers and streams here though, rarely fish the lakes.
cheers
Adrian

ive been using Rapala CD-3's of late, just saw today that CD-1's existed so im gonna get one rather soon and give that a whurl...
They're great and are only around 30mm long too, nice and light and perfect for smaller and shallow rivers and streams. The photo is of the metal blade spinners that I use in the rivers here in Tassie, the smallest is a #00 and only 1.5gms.
cheers
Adrian
Attachments
MEPPS  SPINERS (Medium) (Small).jpg
My variety of Mepps spinners that I use
MEPPS SPINERS (Medium) (Small).jpg (65.64 KiB) Viewed 1038 times
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

Dilksy

Post by Dilksy » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:42 pm

most bream lures including blades are great for trout. Mind you I've lost heaps of them to snags..
Last edited by Dilksy on Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dilksy

Post by Dilksy » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:44 pm

sasquatch972 wrote:
cheers
Adrian

I never knew there was a CD1??

meppstas

Post by meppstas » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:13 pm

Dilksy wrote:
sasquatch972 wrote:
cheers
Adrian

They're out there it's just a matter of finding who stocks them.
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:06 am

meppstas wrote:
Dilksy wrote:
sasquatch972 wrote:
cheers
Adrian

They're out there it's just a matter of finding who stocks them.
'Aussie Angler' at Greensborough will have some. I have seen them before in 'Northern Camping And Fishing' in Epping as well. I'm not sure if they still have them.

Online Cabelas have them but their postage rates are a rip off! You may be better off looking online elsewhere.
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Rapala17 ... l+Products" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
thanks
Jim
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

meppstas

Post by meppstas » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:16 am

I got mine off Ebay, just typed in CD1 Rapala and it brings them all up on screen. Has Aust & overseas sellers on it.
cheers
Adrian

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:23 am

Yesterday I used the new strike pro baby archback in brown trout for a bit of success. 5 small browns.

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:04 am

ducky wrote:Yesterday I used the new strike pro baby archback in brown trout for a bit of success. 5 small browns.
I am guessing the price tag on the Strike Pro lures is not that bad either?
thanks
Jim
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

Dilksy

Post by Dilksy » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:23 am

Another good one is Tiemco mighty s and vixon VM 90sp

Return to “Other Species”