trout fishing in Euroa

Trout, Redfin, Salmonoids, Carp etc
User avatar
fisho999
Rank: Australian Salmon
Rank: Australian Salmon
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:08 am
Has liked: 174 times
Likes received: 73 times

Re: trout fishing in Euroa

Post by fisho999 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:48 am

the reviews are good, the price is good, it looks good, the description is good, i can always get a better reel if it isn't good. $40 wont put a hole in my wallet. i could go with the Nexave but I'm seeing how this one goes first. thanks for the lure colour and the 6 lb thing :tu:

Seniorfisho
Rank: Silver Trevally
Rank: Silver Trevally
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:32 pm
Has liked: 611 times
Likes received: 325 times

Re: trout fishing in Euroa

Post by Seniorfisho » Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:52 am

fisho999 wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:48 am
the reviews are good, the price is good, it looks good, the description is good, i can always get a better reel if it isn't good. $40 wont put a hole in my wallet. i could go with the Nexave but I'm seeing how this one goes first. thanks for the lure colour and the 6 lb thing :tu:
Let us know how you go next time you go trout fishing there. PS, if you have any pink lures, give them a go

User avatar
fisho999
Rank: Australian Salmon
Rank: Australian Salmon
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:08 am
Has liked: 174 times
Likes received: 73 times

Re: trout fishing in Euroa

Post by fisho999 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:09 am

thanks, im planning on buying the juvenile rainbow trout and the brown trout colours. dont have any pink lures but would pink zman grubz work? i can easily buy some.

Seniorfisho
Rank: Silver Trevally
Rank: Silver Trevally
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:32 pm
Has liked: 611 times
Likes received: 325 times

Re: trout fishing in Euroa

Post by Seniorfisho » Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:28 pm

fisho999 wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:09 am
thanks, im planning on buying the juvenile rainbow trout and the brown trout colours. dont have any pink lures but would pink zman grubz work? i can easily buy some.
If it's overcast, the pink Zmans would work I would imagine. With plastics, it can depend on the water you're fishing a bit. Maybe first try hopping them slowly along the bottom, then try a slow straight retrieve and if that doesn't work then twitch the plastic all the way back with a couple of pauses. 1/16th ounce jighead and 6lb line, beautiful

User avatar
fisho999
Rank: Australian Salmon
Rank: Australian Salmon
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:08 am
Has liked: 174 times
Likes received: 73 times

Re: trout fishing in Euroa

Post by fisho999 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:40 pm

Seniorfisho wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:28 pm
fisho999 wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:09 am
thanks, im planning on buying the juvenile rainbow trout and the brown trout colours. dont have any pink lures but would pink zman grubz work? i can easily buy some.
If it's overcast, the pink Zmans would work I would imagine. With plastics, it can depend on the water you're fishing a bit. Maybe first try hopping them slowly along the bottom, then try a slow straight retrieve and if that doesn't work then twitch the plastic all the way back with a couple of pauses. 1/16th ounce jighead and 6lb line, beautiful
with the leader thing, if my main line is 2 kilo ( 6 lb ) would i bother with a leader? could i put 8 lb main line then 6 lb leader with an Albright knot?
or do i just go 6lb mainline to lure?

Seniorfisho
Rank: Silver Trevally
Rank: Silver Trevally
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:32 pm
Has liked: 611 times
Likes received: 325 times

Re: trout fishing in Euroa

Post by Seniorfisho » Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:46 pm

fisho999 wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:40 pm
Seniorfisho wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:28 pm
fisho999 wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:09 am
thanks, im planning on buying the juvenile rainbow trout and the brown trout colours. dont have any pink lures but would pink zman grubz work? i can easily buy some.
If it's overcast, the pink Zmans would work I would imagine. With plastics, it can depend on the water you're fishing a bit. Maybe first try hopping them slowly along the bottom, then try a slow straight retrieve and if that doesn't work then twitch the plastic all the way back with a couple of pauses. 1/16th ounce jighead and 6lb line, beautiful
with the leader thing, if my main line is 2 kilo ( 6 lb ) would i bother with a leader? could i put 8 lb main line then 6 lb leader with an Albright knot?
or do i just go 6lb mainline to lure?
If your using mono, I would go straight mono, the only problem with mono and lures is line twist, which can be a pain. Some people tie a small swivel to the mono and then add a leader of about 2ft, it helps stop that problem. I really wish you had've gone with 6lb braid and 6lb leader, much better sensitivity and no line twist, you could have put 3 or 4 mtrs of mono as a leader if you're worried about them seeing the line

User avatar
fisho999
Rank: Australian Salmon
Rank: Australian Salmon
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:08 am
Has liked: 174 times
Likes received: 73 times

Re: trout fishing in Euroa

Post by fisho999 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:55 pm

i haven't got the rod or reel yet so were all good

User avatar
fisho999
Rank: Australian Salmon
Rank: Australian Salmon
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:08 am
Has liked: 174 times
Likes received: 73 times

Re: trout fishing in Euroa

Post by fisho999 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:22 am

what braid would you suggest i get? i was originally going to go with some 8-6 lb Shimano Exage mono but you say braid would be better so what braid would you suggest?

Post Reply

Return to “Other Species”