Bellarine Fishing Report - Regional / Metro Lockdown

Portarlington, St Leonards, Queenscliff
Andrews
Has liked: 265 times

Bellarine Fishing Report - Regional / Metro Lockdown

Post by Andrews » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:04 pm

Hey All,

With Regional / Metro lockdown ending Friday, I wanted to give everyone an update on how I've found this fishing land-based this month.

Clifton Springs:
Springs has been tough, around the boat ramp / jetty the weed beds have disappeared leaving a full sandy bottom - this has pushed the squid elsewhere but they're still accessible. Either left of the boat ramp with a surf rod/float setup or wading out has been productive - managed five this week all over 25cm. The flatties have been smaller, again wading out they've been sitting ontop of the weed beds before the sandy patches.

Portarlington:
Personally havn't fished there the past fortnight, however my friends have had a few good sessions on the squid & pinkies.

St Leonards:
This normally beauty of a pier has been sucking for me the past month, they've been dredging 500m/1km north of the pier which is kicking up a ton of sediment and keeping the squid in the cleaner waters away from the pier. This however has brought in some pinkies, friend went out last week and managed three over 45cm in 3 hours.
IMG_6696.JPEG
Queenscliff:
It's been a little quiet there, seen a few decent snapper and silver trevally caught there last week on the slack run-in tide.

Barwon Heads:
The mouth of the estuary has been great, huge numbers of silver trevally and the mixed bag of salmon, flatheads and tailor. Fishing the Ocean Grove side on the peak run in/slack tide has worked best since the clarity is much better of that side of the river.
88034EFC-0FA1-4309-BBC4-FD1017B6AE1B.jpeg
IMG_2272_Facetune_27-10-2021-17-11-45.jpeg
https://youtu.be/s1reCK1N7-c
Amateur Fisherman, South West Victoria / - Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/fishingandrew/ Sponsors: Yamashita Australia, Yamashita Maria Japan.

Return to “Portarlington to Queenscliff”