St Leonards KGW and squid

Portarlington, St Leonards, Queenscliff
Jilda233
Has liked: 1 time

St Leonards KGW and squid

Post by Jilda233 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:37 am

Hi everyone
Wanna take the new boat out and never fished for KGW or squid from a boat looking at launching from st Leonards any tips , rigging setups or gps marks on where I should anchor up 👍👍

Sebb
Has liked: 3008 times

Re: St Leonards KGW and squid

Post by Sebb » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:14 pm

Jilda233 wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:37 am
Hi everyone
Wanna take the new boat out and never fished for KGW or squid from a boat looking at launching from st Leonards any tips , rigging setups or gps marks on where I should anchor up 👍👍
Andrew the squid master catches squid from the pier every single trip. I'd say there's squid all over there amongst the weed. Similar to Clifton Springs.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Andrews
Has liked: 268 times

Re: St Leonards KGW and squid

Post by Andrews » Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:04 pm

Jilda233 wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:37 am
Hi everyone
Denis's posts would be to go-to for kgw info from the boat, plenty of great info about his rigs and marks there.

I've been fishing the pier and getting a few nice squid and kgw this fortnight.
The squid and kgw I've found have been coming in shallower during the nights and deeper during the days. White jigs has been working well for me this fortnight and has been the local go-to colour. The larger squid seem to be deeper during the days, while the smaller sizes are hanging in the shallows.

For kgw I have been using a running rig, over a pasternoster to help stop the yakkas which are plentyful right now. Either some pippie or squid, both has be working well. Burley has helped too.
Amateur Fisherman, South West Victoria / - Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/fishingandrew/ Sponsors: Yamashita Australia, Sunline & Gomexus.

Return to “Portarlington to Queenscliff”