Mon 14th

Portarlington, St Leonards, Queenscliff
Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Mon 14th

Post by Nude up » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:46 pm

A bit late never new retirement was so busy lol. I went out sun launched at point richards headed down to Clifton springs out front of the boat ramp in around 5.5 to 6 mt of water, with around 30 other boats drifting for squid 2 hours and I had 6 in the bucket and a few really small ones let go.
Then nothing like someone flicked a switched they stopped. I had a couple of sleeper rods out which got hit a few times but only one held the same with the rod in my hand I should have got my bag but the squid were a bit cautious.

I then headed back towards portarlington and drifted along the drop off from the caravan park back to the boat ramp for 6 keeper flathead. I bumped into a few other locals out on the water and all were singing the same tune very slow. On the down side I had left my phone at home so no photo's sorry.

For info the point richards road boat ramp is having a major Carpark expansion the ramp is open while the construction is going on.
16238116016210.jpg

Andrews
Has liked: 268 times

Re: Mon 14th

Post by Andrews » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:17 pm

haha, not surpised to here there were a ton of boats, they've been getting some nice squid off Springs!
Can't beat a feed of flatties and squid!
Amateur Fisherman, South West Victoria / - Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/fishingandrew/ Sponsors: Yamashita Australia, Sunline & Gomexus.

Return to “Portarlington to Queenscliff”