Land Based Calamari Action! + Sponsorship Announcement!

Portarlington, St Leonards, Queenscliff
happyfriggincamper
Has liked: 556 times

Re: Land Based Calamari Action! + Sponsorship Announcement!

Post by happyfriggincamper » Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:24 pm

Andrews wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:56 am
I swear I already replied to this! haha
Yeah right mate! Sounds like the sponsorship has already gone to your head.

Too much of a big shot to reply to us lowly forum members in time and too busy to go fishing and put up a report cos you are probably working your way thru the copious amounts of squid fishing groupies that are now no doubt throwing themselves at you haha

Kenle
Has liked: 214 times

Post by Kenle » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:25 pm

happyfriggincamper wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:24 pm
Andrews wrote:

Too much of a big shot to reply to us lowly forum members in time and too busy to go fishing and put up a report cos you are probably working your way thru the copious amounts of squid fishing groupies that are now no doubt throwing themselves at you haha

Go easy on the guy lol, I thoroughly enjoy his squid reports. St lennys one of my favourit location when it's not packed. I do ok there most of the time, but it's his insight and weekly reports that helps me decide whether I fish there or not. I'll post a report on last weekend at St lennys pier for you guys, hope it helps some of you onto a few.

happyfriggincamper
Has liked: 556 times

Post by happyfriggincamper » Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:23 pm

Kenle wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:25 pm
happyfriggincamper wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:24 pm
Andrews wrote:

Go easy on the guy lol, I thoroughly enjoy his squid reports. St lennys one of my favourit location when it's not packed. I do ok there most of the time, but it's his insight and weekly reports that helps me decide whether I fish there or not. I'll post a report on last weekend at St lennys pier for you guys, hope it helps some of you onto a few.
Haha kenle, I thought my post was obviously tongue-in-cheek! Squidding groupies...? Lol

Andrews
Has liked: 265 times

Post by Andrews » Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:41 pm

@happyfriggincamper Haha! Knowing me I forget to push the submit button!
I wish the throwing themselves at me! They've been pretty dry during my sessions in the evenings! Hopefully that changes tomorrow!

@Kenle What a session, you absolutely killer it there! No wonder I struggled this week. :P
I'm glad the reports help, it's always interesting to see whats around. Plenty of smaller squid thats for sure!
Amateur Fisherman, South West Victoria / - Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/fishingandrew/ Sponsors: Yamashita Australia, Yamashita Maria Japan.

dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Post by dazz999 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:51 pm

Andrews wrote:

@Purple5ive, Cheers! They really are and I'm definitely never letting them ever get used haha!

@Lightningx, Thanks! I'm really enjoying filming the videos now, adds more engagement than just photos!

@Kenle, thanks Kenle! Always keen to share info and techniques haha!

@Sebb Cheers Seb!

@Happyfriggincamper Thanks! Gives me new motivation to keep chasing those ripper creatures!

@e.welch! Haha, better late than never! It's a new breath of wind to motivate me to up my content game!

@Dazz999, Yeah very similar design! I tried using those small one but found them too fiddely, never had an issue with these larger style of snaps! Cheers!

@Odie, cheers man! I'm keen for when the squidding picks up! haha
I the daiwa ones etc there to fiddly but the Breaden snaps you just roll the jig on try a pack they where on ebay

Andrews
Has liked: 265 times

Post by Andrews » Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:36 pm

Yeah, the mustad snaps are almost the same style to the breaden snaps, super easy and solid.
Amateur Fisherman, South West Victoria / - Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/fishingandrew/ Sponsors: Yamashita Australia, Yamashita Maria Japan.

Return to “Portarlington to Queenscliff”