Portarlington, St Leonards, Queenscliff
Andrews
Has liked: 268 times

Re: Re: St Leonard's Report 9/12/2020

Post by Andrews » Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:32 pm

crispbee wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:07 am
Hi Andrews,
I'm looking for a landing net similar to the one you have there. Do they open quickly and easily for times when you are scrambling on rocks?
Hey mate,
I wouldn't recommend this style of telescopic landing net anymore as it was very prone to breaking due to poor design.
The end thread is only attached by cheap glue (which the salt water dissolves) and attempts to physically reinforce it failed.

Late 2020 I ended up moving over to this metal telescopic net from ebay, cost about $45 at the time.
This has proved to be an incredible net handle, I've used it twice a week or more since 2020 and apart from some minor surface corrosion it's holding up strong. The ebay store is Melbournefishing1999, and they're now $47. I am not sponsored to promote this or anything, just rating a genuinely solid product. Item listing name is 'SOLID 4.5mx50cmfishing landing net s/steel handle/frame small mesh $47'

Only modifications I've made to mine:
1. Spray the inside and outside with an anti-rust marine surface spray - picked it up from bunnings.
2. Added outdoor 'anti-slip' tape to the outside, if you're hands are wet the smooth metal was slippery. Outdoor stuff has held strong since 2020.
3. Every three months give the telescopic spots a spray with some WD-40.

Happy to answer any questions you've got.

Edit: After reading this post I bought a spare net handle. haha
Amateur Fisherman, South West Victoria / - Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/fishingandrew/ Sponsors: Yamashita Australia, Sunline & Gomexus.

Return to “Portarlington to Queenscliff”